Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DRIVE Electric for Tesla, an app for Samsung watches (Tizen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have used this app for some time now. It is great. I have had no real problems with it. I would love it to have a watch face with shortcuts for climate, trunk, frunk etc. Alternatively, a widget for these commands would be nice.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work and very useful app.

Thx! Widget support is coming soon.

widget_1_7.png widget_2_7.png widget_3_8.png widget_4_7.png

Last edited:
Reactions: berkowitzbt
I'm able to turn climate on but not off.

Hi, do you mean that turning climate off works from the mobile app, but not by using the watch app? Consistently... or only from time to time?

A known issue has been reported for some while now regarding turning both on and off the climate from the official app. This is due to a bug in the cars software. A restart often fixes the issue (hold both thumbs on the steering wheel buttons until the Tesla logo appears on the screen). If this happens only to the watch app and not the mobile app, please restart the watch and try again. Let me know how it goes.

Regards
Runar

I am trying to create a hot link from my watch face to launch the app but it wont work. I am using galaxy watch designer and this package info.

system apps pkg_type [wgt] pkgid [CHAGmHMPs1] name [DRIVE - Electric] version [2.7.1] storage [internal]

Any ideas?

I am trying to create a hot link from my watch face to launch the app but it wont work. I am using galaxy watch designer and this package info.

system apps pkg_type [wgt] pkgid [CHAGmHMPs1] name [DRIVE - Electric] version [2.7.1] storage [internal]

Any ideas?

Cool!
The package name is correct, but maybe with pkgid they mean the Application Id which is "CHAGmHMPs1.Drive".

How do you install it? I open browser on my S8 phone and type in the link and it stated not compatible with my device I have Samsung S watch.

First of all you need to be connected to your watch using the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Then you need to open the Galaxy Store app (not a browser) and search for the DRIVE Electric for Tesla. If you don't have the Galaxy Store app then download that first. From your post on the X forum I guess you have the Gear S3 watch? That should be compatible. The Gear S2 watch has a separate app with some limitations and the Gear S is not supported at all since it uses Android OS.

I can't seem to find the Drive Electric app on the galaxy store.
I have a Gear S3 on latest software.
Iphone with the wearable app.
If I search for Drive Electric for Tesla I get no results.
Nothing even for just Tesla.

The iPhone variant of the Galaxy Wearable app doesn't show payable apps. If you have an old Android phone laying around you can install the app using that phone. You must connect your watch to that phone and log in with the Galaxy Wearable app using your Samsung account. After buying and installing the DRIVE app you can switch back to your iPhone and everything should be fine. Any updates will work fine afterwards. A little tricky, but people are reporting this to work fine.

I have Gear S watch and it has Tizen OS. Will this app work?

It depends on the Gear S model. The Gear S3 onward works fine.
If you have the older Gear S2 there is a discontinued app available here.
The S2 app will not get any updates or new features other than blocking errors so read the disclaimers before spending your money.
If you have the even older Gear S model then this app is not compatible.

KlokkProjects,

I wanted to say thank you for creating a TESLA app for the Gear S3 Tizen-based, watches. I purchased your app a few days ago and so far it seems to be working well on my Samsung Gear S3 Frontier model. The font size of your app is a bit small for my eyes, however the icons you are using help. I haven't had the chance to really go through all of it yet but what I've seen so far is looking good.

Reactions: KlokkProjects
KlokkProjects,

I wanted to say thank you for creating a TESLA app for the Gear S3 Tizen-based, watches. I purchased your app a few days ago and so far it seems to be working well on my Samsung Gear S3 Frontier model. The font size of your app is a bit small for my eyes, however the icons you are using help. I haven't had the chance to really go through all of it yet but what I've seen so far is looking good.

Thank you for supporting my work and thank you for useful feedback regarding font size.