Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Centric Center Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20180816_180658.jpg

Pop open the bottom panel of the screen. There are two 10mm hex screw. Remove those and pull the screen out and up at ~30 degree from horizontal.

I am experimenting with a few prototype mounts. The one pictured is at 15 degree rotation. The next one, if I find time tomorrow, will be at 10 degree. Will report on the results and post more pictures then.

CJ

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Details please!

Love it. My (future) 3 will be a predominantly commuter car, with usually only me in it, so I don't feel the need to share the screen with the rest of the empty car. Never understood why they didn't build in some kind of minor angle or pivot to the display. Only reason I can think would be someday in the future when FSD is active and everyone's watching something on the screen rather than paying attention to the road. But that's (IMO) far off still.

I assume you 3D printed some kind of wedge spacer? Love this and that center console insert you created. Also, the wood panel and center console - are they matte or is it a brushed metal wrap?

Thanks!

Reactions: chojn1 and Dana1
@chojn1 I have been following your projects from the beginning. I am going to do this on my car (if I can figure out your instructions). It just makes sense. You are a creative, frunking genius! Do you have a youtube channel, emailing list, or something else to follow you? I'm hooked! KUDOS!!

• Funny
Reactions: chojn1