Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chronopc

Jul 8, 2017
California
Is there any way to tie a driver profile to a phone? For example it would be nice if when my girlfriend uses her phone to open the car that it would automatically use her profile instead of loading the last profile that was used and then she has to manually change it to her profile. Is this feature available in the S or X?

I just took delivery of a Model 3 Performance and the dealer is telling me that it should recognize my wife's phone, change profiles and automatically adjust the seats. Anyone able to make this happen? Huge issue because I'm 6'4 and she's 5'2.

I just took delivery of a Model 3 Performance and the dealer is telling me that it should recognize my wife's phone, change profiles and automatically adjust the seats. Anyone able to make this happen? Huge issue because I'm 6'4 and she's 5'2.
Maybe with the next big update this will be available. Right now it doesn't automatically switch profile based on phones.

Sounds like Easy Entry should do the trick, but I cant seem to figure out how to set it up. When I turn it on, it seems to do the opposite of what what. Anybody get it working correctly?

From Manual:

Easy Entry You can define an Easy Entry setting that moves the steering wheel and driver's seat to make it easy to enter and exit Model 3. Any driver can use the Easy Entry setting by associating it with their driver's profile. When the Easy Entry setting is associated with a driver's profile, the steering wheel and driver's seat automatically adjust when the park gear is engaged and the driver's seat belt is unbuckled, allowing an easy exit from the vehicle. When returning to the vehicle and stepping on the brake pedal, settings automatically adjust back to the settings used by the most recent driver profile. To use Easy Entry with a driver profile, ensure the Use Easy Entry checkbox is checked.

Sounds like Easy Entry should do the trick, but I cant seem to figure out how to set it up. When I turn it on, it seems to do the opposite of what what. Anybody get it working correctly?

From Manual:

Easy Entry You can define an Easy Entry setting that moves the steering wheel and driver's seat to make it easy to enter and exit Model 3. Any driver can use the Easy Entry setting by associating it with their driver's profile. When the Easy Entry setting is associated with a driver's profile, the steering wheel and driver's seat automatically adjust when the park gear is engaged and the driver's seat belt is unbuckled, allowing an easy exit from the vehicle. When returning to the vehicle and stepping on the brake pedal, settings automatically adjust back to the settings used by the most recent driver profile. To use Easy Entry with a driver profile, ensure the Use Easy Entry checkbox is checked.
Easy Entry doesn't solve the problem. Once you turn on the car it'll automatically go to the Profile that was last used. I would like it to go to the Profile based on who's phone opens the car.

If SW can recognize for example the BLE Mac address on the phone, then it can determine which profile to load. Of course if there are two phones in proximity to the car, it will use the first phone it recognizes. Should not be too hard to implement.

What do you mean by turn the car on? You mean put it in drive/reverse? Why can't you just change it to your profile before you put the car in drive/reverse?
Yes, I mean when I put it in drive or reverse. In an ICE car it would be the equivalent of turning on the engine. With the key fobs being released soon, hopefully the profile will be tied to the key fob.

They can do the same thing with the phone too. All I'm saying is the issue you're worried about is easily solved by clicking on your profile before you put it in drive/reverse (and using Easy entry checkbox in all your user profiles).
Sure and that's exactly what I do. But the car should be smart enough to know who's driving based on the phone that access it.