Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seat - Feeling the Metal Bar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hmach

Dec 20, 2016
CA
I was wondering if anyone has had the sensation of sitting on a metal bar when the driver seat is in a more upright position - which is what I prefer. It feels like the filling is a little thin where bar across the middle of the seat is. The issue is alleviated the more you recline which is what I have resorted to. SC says within spec.

I have the same issue but mine isn't on where my butt rests, its the low back area. I had it really bad with a Lexus GX I purchased a few years ago.. sold it within one week. Dont know what to do about it.. but there is some low back discomfort for me in my X.. I think its my weight. I am 255 6'2".. need to loose weight to fit in my Tesla.. my body is more used to larger vehicles like Armada and Tahoe.

That may be the issue as I myself could stand to lose a few lbs. Probably not an issue for the general masses as my seat was comparable to other MXs and haven't seen other complaints on the boards. I have resorted to finding a balance with a slight recline but it leaves me leaning backwards farther than I would like. Good luck to you finding a sweetspot. Overall not a deal breaker and gives me motivation to diet...again.

That may be the issue as I myself could stand to lose a few lbs. Probably not an issue for the general masses as my seat was comparable to other MXs and haven't seen other complaints on the boards. I have resorted to finding a balance with a slight recline but it leaves me leaning backwards farther than I would like. Good luck to you finding a sweetspot. Overall not a deal breaker and gives me motivation to diet...again.

I have been having a heck of a time with the drivers seat trying to find comfort. There is just something odd about it. My neck and upper arms get tired, and there isn't enough thigh support. I have it now so my bench is flat completely and slight recline, but still something not right. I have a little bit of lumbar support. Hopefully my body just gets use to it.. will see

Mo!