Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat sometimes not returning to saved position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I had not seen this in the first 2 weeks of getting the car, but the recline portion of my Profile has not been engaged in 2 of my last 3 entries.

Everything else is fine, my seatback is just in the Easy Entry recline, so I am looking up at the ceiling. I have moved it back into position and "Saved" it back in the preferred location.

Received a text from Tesla about my upcoming service request. I was pretty sure the explanation I gave of the problem when I submitted the request was pretty thorough, but I suppose I’ll play along and try to video the behavior for them.

26C29BC1-2DF3-4A5F-85F9-FF2F41CB35C9.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
Yep, I had not seen this in the first 2 weeks of getting the car, but the recline portion of my Profile has not been engaged in 2 of my last 3 entries.

Everything else is fine, my seatback is just in the Easy Entry recline, so I am looking up at the ceiling. I have moved it back into position and "Saved" it back in the preferred location.

I think it is also the recline position for me that fails to return to the saved location. Trying to think of instances where the other position adjustments failed to return to the saved locations but I’m coming up blank. This problem may indeed be limited to the recline position.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and ZappCatt
I think it is also the recline position for me that fails to return to the saved location. Trying to think of instances where the other position adjustments failed to return to the saved locations but I’m coming up blank. This problem may indeed be limited to the recline position.

Same here, I am almost 100% certain it is just the recline that is not saving correctly in any of my profiles. The steering wheel/mirrors/seatbase all move around correctly but it just starts reclining super far back under any of the profiles.

I had this happen to me 6 straight times on firmware 2020.36.3. The seat was in Easy Entry, I get in and step on the brake pedal, and the seat moves to some unfamiliar position. I tap my named profile on the screen, and it goes where it is supposed to go. I was considering reprogramming the presets, but 3 days later I got 2020.36.10.

This issue has not happened since.