Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat sometimes not returning to saved position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this. For the past several weeks I’ve noticed many times that when I get in my Model 3 the seat does not completely go to the saved position in my driver profile. It will go part of the way to my saved seat position from the Easy Entry position but then stops a little bit short of the saved position. If I tap on my name again in the driver profile selection then the seat will go all the way to the correct position. I’ve adjusted the seat position slightly to re-save it but that doesn’t seem to have any effect. Not sure if this is a software issue or a problem with the motors that control the seat position. I’m probably going to put in a service request about this soon. Anyone else have this issue?

I have same problem. I requested repair when mobile service was replacing my taillight (problem with water inside), but I was not able to demonstrate it to the technician. This problem is random in my car. Tesla technician did not take any action, just write it down.

Reactions: ZappCatt
I just disabled easy entry on my profile like a year ago because I was tired of having to re-tap my profile on the screen every time I got in- and didn't notice easy entry providing much benefit anyway... it was usually one of the mirrors that was most noticeably off.

Since doing that works 100% even when switching from my wifes profile to mine.

Reactions: PoitNarf
This has always happened with my car intermittently. Sometimes the steering wheel will not extend and/or seat not adjust. I just play with buttons to adjust and ignore it until it happens again some months later. Hasn't happened in a while. I just figured it to be a software bug.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

About the only times that I remember something like this happening to me was when I would move around in my seat just after pressing the brake pedal, like to grab the door to close it, and the seat / steering wheel would not move all the way to my saved profile position. Like @PoitNarf said, I simply press my profile on the screen and all is well. Couldn't have happened more then three or four times since owning the car.

I notice this on occasion. I don’t think it’s from interrupting the seat motion like some have suggested. When I notice it, it’s almost always that the seat has returned to the standard location EXCEPT for a single one of the motors, usually (maybe always) the recline position of the seat back. To correct it, select my name from the Driver Profile menu and just that motor runs and moves 5e seat into the desired position.

I figure they’ll fix it in a future firmware update and will just select my name on the screen when the seat doesn’t quite feel right.