Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver-side rear mirror vibrations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had issues with their driver-side mirror? Mine keeps vibrating while I am driving on city streets or highways. Tesla has changed out the mirror twice, and for some reason, they cannot rectify the issue. They informed me that this is a common occurrence with Model Y vehicles. Has anyone solved this issue with their Ys if they have this issue?

Took delivery of Austin built MYLR this month and had the same issue. Mobile service came out and replaced the entire assembly (except for the skull cap which is the painted part). Vibration has gone down significantly, but still moves a rougher road. It used to vibrate quite a bit on relatively smooth road.

FWIW - I was going to push back since the replacement assembly was dusty and didn't look brand new. It was probably salvage from another vehicle, but I'm a lot happier with it.

Upvote 0
Took delivery on 6/30, Fremont built MYLR. Same issue, driver side mirror is unusable at highway speeds. Will try the mobile service.
Update:
Test drive with lead tech, he couldn’t see the vibration, but I could even from the passenger side.

Had to argue for ~30m with the lead tech, but finally they agreed to replace the mirror assembly as a “good will” gesture. But said they won’t do it again if the issue persists.

The new mirror still vibrates, but about 80% less, so overall I’m happy. Pretty sure this is a bad design in the mirror assembly and the mounting solution and there are better and worse assemblies.

Reactions: Chewy13
Upvote 0
Figure I'd add my two cents...
My last appointment (4th in 3 months of ownership), they replaced the mirror assembly and glass.
Here at my 5th appointment now, mentioned that the mirror still shakes, unfortunately more than it did before.
I was told that there's an internal service memo that talks about this issue - and it's not resolved yet. Sooo.. *shrug*

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
Upvote 0