Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver window doesn't stay up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of MY in June. On several occasions when I activate the driver window to go up, it will go all the way up then immediately come down about 5-6". It acts as if it senses something which requires the window to come down for whatever reason. However, I have confirmed no foreign objects are in the window tract or anything else obvious causing this issue. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Took delivery of MY in June. On several occasions when I activate the driver window to go up, it will go all the way up then immediately come down about 5-6". It acts as if it senses something which requires the window to come down for whatever reason. However, I have confirmed no foreign objects are in the window tract or anything else obvious causing this issue. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Have you tried the window reset procedure - page 15 in the owner's manual.

Noooooo :( Didn't think to look in the manual for this type of issue. THANKS!! Will give it a try

You and me both, buddy! Fortunately I found an existing question at the top of the list when I looked here, so I didn't have to post it myself. Haha, nobody knows that I made that mis..... oh. Oops. How do I delete this?

(Also, the calibration procedure worked for me.)

Reactions: NorCal1
Happe
are you driving on rough roads when it happens? The same thing was happening to me and I realized it only occurred when I was trying to auto-close the window on relatively rough pavement. You might want to try it when the car is parked and see if it happens then.

Does it while parked. I did the window reset procedure a fews days ago and so far so good. I report back if it occurs again.

• Helpful
Reactions: CO_MY