Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers' seat wobbles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my X90D 5 days ago. Had the seats xpelled the following day then CQuartz applied the next business day. Have had the car to commute to work for the first time today and am noticing a wobble when accelerating or decelerating. Can manually wobble it when using my hands if I am not sitting in it. The passenger seat doesn't wobble.

Any one else have this issue? Read about the same problem in the model S forum.

Can anything be done?

I've also noticed my trailer lights don't turn on when plugged into my trailer electronic receiver but I will try another trailer to make sure it isn't the trailer itself that is the problem.

You should have the SC check out the seat.
If your trailer has LED lights you will need an adapter to put more of a load on the circuit (or change a couple of bulbs to incandescent).
I have emailed my SC but perhaps not the right person. I've only ever dealt with my DS but now that the car is delivered, I guess I should speak with a service person. Hopefully they'll get back to me today.

My trailer lights are incandescent. I think I'll try my power tester to see if electricity is flowing through the built in adapter.

I have emailed my SC but perhaps not the right person. I've only ever dealt with my DS but now that the car is delivered, I guess I should speak with a service person. Hopefully they'll get back to me today.

My trailer lights are incandescent. I think I'll try my power tester to see if electricity is flowing through the built in adapter.
The local service center replace the driver's seat. It seems to have fixed the problem. t took about a month to arrive from Tesla.

The local service center replace the driver's seat. It seems to have fixed the problem. t took about a month to arrive from Tesla.

Thanks @PFA my SC said they'd order me a seat then call me to figure out how to get them my car. Will post back once the seat has been replaced.

Aside: turns out my trailer lights are working on my boat trailer so it's just the wiring on my other trailer that is faulty.