Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Droning/humming sound when turning at low speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else noticing a low droning or humming noise when turning moderately or sharply at low speeds? Like at a round-a-bout or car parks, or just a tight 90 degree turn. There is also a very slight vibration in the steering wheel.

I can't tell if it's just tire noise, or something else. It's from the front of the car.
I've got a performance stealth, with the 18" Michelin PS4 tires.

Previous car was a SUV with all season tires, and i never noticed this kind of noise. Haven't had sporty tires before, maybe it's normal?

I've noticed the same kind of noise. It's only on occasion for me. Lasts a second or two. Only at low speeds and while turning. Seems to be only when it's cold out for me. I'm not feeling any vibration though. I have not changed tires. Sounds like an electrical noise to me.

I also noticed this once when turning left while going uphill slowly. It felt like a grinding noise/sensation. Bad CV half-shaft came to mind, or something like the tire rubbing against the fender, but I haven't been able to reproduce it since.