Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dropping price of fuel.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this is a ploy to get fuel cost a lot lower to try and convince motorists to stay with ice for long as possible?

I would not be surprised with those Pesky Russians.

I has to make a difference as the savings cost is what it is all about for a lot of us.

• Funny
Reactions: hcdavis3
I have been wondering if there will be a fuel duty rise tomorrow. the govt push for electric makes a good political justification and a drop in oil prices could take the sting out of it.
Corvid-19 could change everything though since they may suddenly find the economy needs stimulating and fuel duty rises are not on message for that at all

I wonder if this is a ploy to get fuel cost a lot lower to try and convince motorists to stay with ice for long as possible?

USA Shale production cost is now above current barrel-price ... thus I think the "oil independence" in the USA will become something for them to fret about. Easy to mothball Shale extraction, short term, though ...

last time there was a flood-the-market price cut (Saudi I think) it took ages for other states to get business back. I expect that will be in people's minds this time ... so that may influence how the OPEC vs. Russia things pans out.

I would like to stick with North Sea wind, rather than a inter-Continental high voltage DC interconnect to "places with lots of sunshine" (i.e. desserts!) which would put us back into ransom-pricing.

Down $125 Billion since Jan, they need to do something ......

Mobil.JPG

Supply and demand? Am sure that as demand from road transport drops, fuel will get cheaper for a while as oversupply kicks in, then companies will start pulling out of the market and prices will go back up.

Of course, if they reinstate the fuel duty escalator (or something similar) tomorrow then all bets are off...

I can't imagine spending $60k on a car to save a couple of bucks on gas. I bought the car for the safety aspect and long term maintenance savings.
In the US you have been protected from high gas prices - us Europeans have been paying over $8 a gallon at times. I'm pretty sure you would look to save a few bucks at that price!

This pesky Russian is already driving a Tesla.

Most of the petrol/diesel price is TAX, so price at the pup wont change much, like it didnt in 2007. So it costs you £60 to fill up, now it costs you £55, congratulations you saved £5/month for 6 month, yeah sure don't buy that EV, clearly no point now.

Queue the "I can buy a lot of diesel for xxx grand" messages.

This will be interesting to watch...

This pesky Russian is already driving a Tesla.

Most of the petrol/diesel price is TAX, so price at the pup wont change much, like it didnt in 2007. So it costs you £60 to fill up, now it costs you £55, congratulations you saved £5/month for 6 month, yeah sure don't buy that EV, clearly no point now.

Queue the "I can buy a lot of diesel for xxx grand" messages.

This will be interesting to watch...
Ochen interesnaya