Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drove a gas truck at work . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SSonnentag

埃隆•馬斯克
Apr 11, 2017
Arizona
It's been nearly a year since I've driven an ICE vehicle, so I was curious as to what my impressions would be after becoming used to EVs. The truck we have for running errands at work is a full-size Dodge with a V8. OMG! It's worse than I'd remembered. Vibration. Noise. Delayed response. Gutlessness. There was never any doubt before, but I'm doubly-positive I could never go back to an ICE.

#EV4LIFE

I don't understand what you mean. I can easily make this comparison below:

Wow today I tried hauling 1000kg of iron bars in a Tesla Model S... Unfortunately not all of them would fit even with the rear seats down and the suspension was crushed... Damn my full size v8 truck hauls that *sugar* all the time. Tesla is totally shitty.

These vehicles are for totally difference purposes... Like one cannot be used to inform on the other's performance since they were designed to do different jobs.

Reactions: Langhorne
Humm, it's a huge truck, what do you expect? I really hate these kinds of ridiculous comparisons. Drive a Porsche Panamera or Audi S7 instead... I mean at least compare to something in the same class / price range.

Drove an S7 before I bought my Model S this summer... the seats are made with nice leather but otherwise the S is an objectively better car in basically every way.

Humm, it's a huge truck, what do you expect? I really hate these kinds of ridiculous comparisons. Drive a Porsche Panamera or Audi S7 instead... I mean at least compare to something in the same class / price range.

I had a P90DL, sold it for an M5. 6 months later I'm selling the M5 for a P100D. The noise, vibration, delayed response...still a problem on the M5. Waiting for turbos to spool, having to kickdown to a lower gear to get full power...yuck.

I had a P90DL, sold it for an M5. 6 months later I'm selling the M5 for a P100D. The noise, vibration, delayed response...still a problem on the M5. Waiting for turbos to spool, having to kickdown to a lower gear to get full power...yuck.
good to hear from someone whos been there. we almost got a BMW this fall, when multiple factors lined up together and I got my MS. GF still looks at BMWs off and on when we drive by and I show her this picture

upload_2018-11-7_15-28-27.png