Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DS experience with the production/delivery process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad most of you people on the forum are having such good luck with your DS. Not much with me and I have a feeling it is because they are overworked at the Orlando store. My DS sent an email on 08/04/16 saying that my Model S went into production during the week of 08/08/16 when I actually had ordered a Model X 90D along with couple of questions she needed me to answer. I emailed back on the same day on 08/04/16 pointing the error as well as answering the questions. She didn't email me back confirming that it was an error on her part about the Model S vs Model X. So, I emailed again as well as a followed up with a voicemail on 08/10/16 requesting confirmation that it is indeed the Model X that has gone into production to which she replied at last on 08/12/16 that she corrected the account and replied back again saying that "My Model S is finishing production this week." She did answer couple of other questions I posed accurately though. I'm not one to bug people due to my excitement over my order, but I thought the error was not trivial and that it needed immediate attention.

When I log into the My Tesla page, it doesn't tell me anything other than that I ordered the Model X and that it is in the production queue and that my DS could give me more information. It doesn't say anything about the car being in production or any other status information. I believe and truly hope at this point that her getting confused with what model I ordered is just a simple mistake on her part and that Tesla is indeed building a Model X for me.

On one hand, I have Lexus people bugging me constantly with deals about changing my lease while I get delayed responses from the Tesla store on the other hand. I feel like I'm in the dark. However, I'm just chilling and hoping everything will fall into its place.

I feel that DS at the Orlando store are over worked and likely need more help than they have at this point.

Here is my timeline:
Model: Model X 90D, solid white, white 7 seat interior, audio upgrade, luxury upgrade package, accessory hitch
Ordered: 06/26/16 week
Confirmed: 07/06/16
Production: 08/04/16 week
Transportation: ??
Delivery date: Not set (Any guesses for the Orlando store)

Thnx....

-ML

Glad most of you people on the forum are having such good luck with your DS. Not much with me and I have a feeling it is because they are overworked at the Orlando store. My DS sent an email on 08/04/16 saying that my Model S went into production during the week of 08/08/16 when I actually had ordered a Model X 90D along with couple of questions she needed me to answer. I emailed back on the same day on 08/04/16 pointing the error as well as answering the questions. She didn't email me back confirming that it was an error on her part about the Model S vs Model X. So, I emailed again as well as a followed up with a voicemail on 08/10/16 requesting confirmation that it is indeed the Model X that has gone into production to which she replied at last on 08/12/16 that she corrected the account and replied back again saying that "My Model S is finishing production this week." She did answer couple of other questions I posed accurately though. I'm not one to bug people due to my excitement over my order, but I thought the error was not trivial and that it needed immediate attention.

When I log into the My Tesla page, it doesn't tell me anything other than that I ordered the Model X and that it is in the production queue and that my DS could give me more information. It doesn't say anything about the car being in production or any other status information. I believe and truly hope at this point that her getting confused with what model I ordered is just a simple mistake on her part and that Tesla is indeed building a Model X for me.

On one hand, I have Lexus people bugging me constantly with deals about changing my lease while I get delayed responses from the Tesla store on the other hand. I feel like I'm in the dark. However, I'm just chilling and hoping everything will fall into its place.

I feel that DS at the Orlando store are over worked and likely need more help than they have at this point.

Here is my timeline:
Model: Model X 90D, solid white, white 7 seat interior, audio upgrade, luxury upgrade package, accessory hitch
Ordered: 06/26/16 week
Confirmed: 07/06/16
Production: 08/04/16 week
Transportation: ??
Delivery date: Not set (Any guesses for the Orlando store)

Thnx....

-ML

Whether they're overworked or not really isn't your problem.

If I were you, I'd be following up with someone above her to make sure that your order is correct.

Reactions: bonaire
You're probably correct that they're overworked, but unfortunately, the DS is your only info source. If you call the HQ "delivery team" you never get a real live person, and if you leave a message, they simply forward it on to your DS, or they never return your call.

I also think Tesla could replace all the DS' by simply improving the online tracking system in MyTesla. Even BMW's order tracking system is better than Tesla's in providing up to date info. They will definitely need to get something fixed before the 3 comes out.

You're probably correct that they're overworked, but unfortunately, the DS is your only info source. If you call the HQ "delivery team" you never get a real live person, and if you leave a message, they simply forward it on to your DS, or they never return your call.

I also think Tesla could replace all the DS' by simply improving the online tracking system in MyTesla. Even BMW's order tracking system is better than Tesla's in providing up to date info. They will definitely need to get something fixed before the 3 comes out.
I couldn't agree more. The My Tesla page is very much behind in terms of updates and they will definitely need to get more updates on there by the time the Model III roles around.