Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP and driver assistance failures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post on this forum.

Picked up my Model 3 dual motor AWD in March of this year, upgraded to EAP (enhanced autopilot) in late September when it was offered.
Since that update, whenever I drive over 6 hours on the road ALL of the driver assistance features shut off. No autopilot, no auto steer, no nav on autopilot, sentry system shuts off, automatic wipers shut off, but oddly the cameras are recording so I know that it's not a camera issue.
Took it to the Dallas service center to try and get it fixed since I have to drive back home (8-10 hours depending on weather) and asked if they could look at it. They said since these are all "convenience features" that it wasn't a priority to fix.

So now I have to drive my long trip home not sure if the car is gonna behave or not. I would have thought that someone on the road needing repairs would get some priority at the service center but I was wrong on that score. Next long trip I guess I need to take my Jeep, since it seems to be more predictable.

..."convenience features" that it wasn't a priority to fix...

Sorry to hear about that. Once I've got Autopilot, I would just feel that I can't live without it!

However, they are correct that your car is not stranded on the road so it is not a priority for them but I hope they'll build more Service Centers and staff up so you won't have to wait long.

In the meantime, did you reboot/reset your Model 3 and see whether that would fix the problem? Sometimes, a new firmware might fix some issues but might create some more like the ones you are experience now. If that's the case, a next firmware might fix them too.

Sorry to hear about that. Once I've got Autopilot, I would just feel that I can't live without it!

However, they are correct that your car is not stranded on the road so it is not a priority for them but I hope they'll build more Service Centers and staff up so you won't have to wait long.

In the meantime, did you reboot/reset your Model 3 and see whether that would fix the problem? Sometimes, a new firmware might fix some issues but might create some more like the ones you are experience now. If that's the case, a next firmware might fix them too.
HI,

Rebooted numerous times with no change. Powered completely off and back on. While I agree that this is not a "can't drive" issue, what worries me is that with all of these failures I wonder if it'll hold up for the return trip of 10 hours. Not optimistic. I would expect that with multiple systems failures, regardless of where in the car, they would be wanting to see why

...what worries me is that with all of these failures...

As you found out that you can still record video so it's unlikely a hardware issue but rather a software bug.

The software is broken but your physical gears are still intact for manual operations (tires, shocks, steering, braking, accelerator...)

Again, I am not advocating for a wait for service, and Tesla's triage of priority is not an excuse. Tesla should step up the service area to become a first-class service.