Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eap on credit card at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FAD919CA-C23C-4CE1-A2D2-95A277A36581.jpeg
YMMV but I was able to charge $10K of my AWD-No-EAP purchase on my AMEX and pay the balance with a personal check. I didn’t get EAP, so I’m guessing if all you’re wanting to charge is the option, you should be OK.

I’ve read some posts where certain locations have limited it to $5K, but when I asked at delivery how much I could charge, I was told $10K and they would need to ‘call in’ the card info so they went back into an office away from the delivery room for my privacy’s sake and completed the charge.

This also could’ve been another Q3-end allowance and may not be applicable anymore, hence YMMV...

View attachment 339947 YMMV but I was able to charge $10K of my AWD-No-EAP purchase on my AMEX and pay the balance with a personal check. I didn’t get EAP, so I’m guessing if all you’re wanting to charge is the option, you should be OK.

I’ve read some posts where certain locations have limited it to $5K, but when I asked at delivery how much I could charge, I was told $10K and they would need to ‘call in’ the card info so they went back into an office away from the delivery room for my privacy’s sake and completed the charge.

This also could’ve been another Q3-end allowance and may not be applicable anymore, hence YMMV...

I think you are correct that it was a Q3 thing. I believe I remember reading that at one point.

That is actually also where I'm scheduled to pick up. How long did it take them to enable the eap? Where you able to use it when you left Mt. Kisco? Also who did you talk to at pickup to ask if you could get it enabled and put on your credit card?

I actually called to ask about it Thurs 9/20 (delivery 9/24). The person I talked to said they'd add it before delivery, but it turned out they hadn't. At delivery, I just asked the person handling my paperwork. It wasn't a problem to add then, but the delivery paperwork took a little longer since they had to reprint it to include eap.

At pick up, they told me it would probably not appear until later that night (delivery appointment was 3:00 p.m.) but it actually was there when I drove off the lot. It calibrated by the time I was about half way home... roughly after about 45-50 mins.

Reactions: ebmcs03
Just wondering if anyone knows or has added eap at delivery and paid for it on a credit card? I'm thinking I want to get eap now but have all my funds setup for the price I configured without eap.

I've done this now for 2 cars. Tesla would be crazy not to take your money. It literally takes them 5 minutes and they can make an additional 5k in high margin revenue. In some states that charge a % tax on the value your car each year, this is advantageous.

Reactions: Tezlah
So I picked up my model 3 yesterday and asked about getting eap added. They said it would be an additional 2 hours to have the paper work re-done. I then said I would need to put it on a cc because I had a bank check already made out for the mvpa price without the eap. They said the can't do that. Long story short I pushed a little harder and finally they gave in. My apt was at 3:30 didn't end up leaving until 7:30. No fault to the people at Mt Kisco, tesla mother ship took for ever getting the new mvpa done up. In the long run all worked out and they even let me put the tax on the cc so for me 5400. Just wanted to report back that it looks like they are really trying to discourage the cc payment.