Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP on window sticker but I didn’t pay for it, it worked initially and then didn’t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn’t miss them when counting. The bag says 14 apples, has a higher price, and was sold for a lower price. Do you consider yourself a thief anytime you buy something that is “on sale”?
But that isn't analogous to what happened here at all - he knew he didn't buy that feature. Just because something rings up wrong doesn't mean it can't legally be rectified after the fact (or you aren't stealing it by not reporting). If it rings up wrong in the stores favor and you don't notice till you walk out do you think you can't go back and have it adjusted?

If OP is going to get hung up on the window sticker and parcing every word, perhaps he should have notice that his window sticker was incorrect when he was going through the delivery process, and demanded that it be corrected, and the autopilot be removed, prior to accepting delivery.

Guy is just wanting something for nothing, and trying to take advantage of a technicality of paperwork on delivery.

I don't think I have EVER bought a new car that had the "federally-mandated" Monroney sticker affixed to a window. They've all been either in the glovebox or in the paperwork I was handed by the sales drone.

As I said- while that's illegal (no matter what brand of new car), nobody appears to actually enforce this law in any way.

There is no $1000 fine. Every instance I've seen says "up to $1000." A $0 fine qualifies as up to $1000.

Now THAT is a perfectly valid note found in the actual text of the law :)

For the removal BTW it also offers "up to 1 year" in jail (with an and/or to the fine)

I think we all know (including you) that you don’t have a legal leg to stand on.
However, I do think that Tesla handled it badly.
What they should have done (and could still do) is confirm to you that you had something on the car that you hadn’t paid for, it’s our mistake and we would like to offer to reinstall it for a 50% discount, or something of that kind.
It definitely should not have just made the change without talking to you first.

Reactions: mswlogo
Status
Not open for further replies.