Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ear pain/Pressure help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's there if you expand the description on the video.
Thank you @ilovecoffee so much for your video! I have been trying to find a solution of the ear pressure problem for my brand new MYLR. I was about to install the vinyl tubing as you suggested but couldn't figure out where to insert the tube. There is hole on the rubber seal in your video. Did you cut it? I was hoping we don't really have to do that.

Installed the 5/16" PVC tubing, and it made a huge difference. Definitely happy with the results but still planning on doing the 3d printed hard stops and butyl on the rear wheel wells.

I think I screwed up though in cutting the "seam" at the top of the weather stripping when installing the PVC. I didn't notice that they can be installed through the holes. Do I need to re-glue the seam together to maintain weatherproofness?

Glad the tubing works for you. Did you mean those small holes along the seal when you say "I didn't notice that they can be installed through the holes". They look too small to fit the 5/16" PVC tubing. I thought you can only spray the lubricant via those small holes.

Glad the tubing works for you. Did you mean those small holes along the seal when you say "I didn't notice that they can be installed through the holes". They look too small to fit the 5/16" PVC tubing. I thought you can only spray the lubricant via those small holes.
I think people do in fact use those holes to insert the tubing, although I didn't realize that at the time. I split it right at the seam in the middle top of the seal. I might go in and glue it back together at some point, just to be safe that no water will get in.

Reactions: JeffEV
Been reading all the solutions everyone has been trying and I’ve tried a few too with little success (hatch stop adjustment and ridged stops). purchased the tubing but haven’t tried it yet. But wondering if the booming is coming from a combo of the hatch and sub trunk.

I’ve noticed that if I bang my hand on the sub trunk cover it’s REALLY boomy. Which led me to putting large foam blocks in the sub trunk to see if it changed anything. (Not really, maybe a little). I’m thinking it’s more of what the cover itself is made out of, that resonates so much. So this morning I drove into work with the cover removed and the foam still in there and it made a huge difference. Not 100% gone, but the booming was noticeably reduced. Has anyone explored sub trunk cover treatments or replacing it with a different material that isn’t as resonating? BTW, I have a 2023 MYP.

Reactions: Georgesb2
Been reading all the solutions everyone has been trying and I’ve tried a few too with little success (hatch stop adjustment and ridged stops). purchased the tubing but haven’t tried it yet. But wondering if the booming is coming from a combo of the hatch and sub trunk.

I’ve noticed that if I bang my hand on the sub trunk cover it’s REALLY boomy. Which led me to putting large foam blocks in the sub trunk to see if it changed anything. (Not really, maybe a little). I’m thinking it’s more of what the cover itself is made out of, that resonates so much. So this morning I drove into work with the cover removed and the foam still in there and it made a huge difference. Not 100% gone, but the booming was noticeably reduced. Has anyone explored sub trunk cover treatments or replacing it with a different material that isn’t as resonating? BTW, I have a 2023 MYP.

The tubing reduced my booming by 90%. Try that before messing with anything else.

Reactions: Georgesb2
Tesla put some rubber tubing along the side of my trunk and the rubber stoppers, helped but didn't fix the issue.

Just curious, why Tesla didn't add this too....Could it be over time the tubing would be crush or prevent proper closing of the trunk?
Whenever you wonder why Tesla did something that doesn’t make sense it’s to reduce the build cost of their vehicles. Rain sensor, USS, radar, this stupid gasket, anything. Cost reduction.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet