Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If nobody follows up with this I am getting my car in a few weeks it looks like and can arrange something if you want. (Off to PPF/paint correction for a week early April so tight window)

BTW I don't imagine the door sills are different. Have you heard otherwise?
Go check the last 2 pages of the Model S Delivery Update thread. They'll get you up to speed on this.😃

• Funny
Reactions: iyordanov
If nobody follows up with this I am getting my car in a few weeks it looks like and can arrange something if you want. (Off to PPF/paint correction for a week early April so tight window)

BTW I don't imagine the door sills are different. Have you heard otherwise?
Thanks! Please DM me if you can help out about the tints!
As for the door sills - apparently I was trolled earlier today (and fell for it like a rookie 🤦‍♂️)...they are not new... a bunch of TMC members clarified that here:

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Btw man if you feel bad or anything about it, don't. Happens to us all. 🙂
Thank you :) I mostly feel bad for wasting everyone's time with this (the door sills), because this was indeed a rookie mistake. But then again I've been very honest about my position here on TMC - I started this very recently, can't really draw comparison with the well established brands on the after market accessories (one day maybe, fingers crossed), so I don't have the confidence to believe I know it all. For what it's worth, running this has been much more challenging than I ever expected (apparently inventory, supply chain and logistics is no joke), and I've had 4 companies before, so it's not like I come with 0 business experience (currently own and run another one too on top of TWRAPS)... but certainly 0 manufacturing experience 😃

Thank you :) I mostly feel bad for wasting everyone's time with this (the door sills), because this was indeed a rookie mistake. But then again I've been very honest about my position here on TMC - I started this very recently, can't really draw comparison with the well established brands on the after market accessories (one day maybe, fingers crossed), so I don't have the confidence to believe I know it all. For what it's worth, running this has been much more challenging than I ever expected (apparently inventory, supply chain and logistics is no joke), and I've had 4 companies before, so it's not like I come with 0 business experience (currently own and run another one too on top of TWRAPS)... but certainly 0 manufacturing experience 😃
Dude don't feel bad about "wasting our time" or anything. That's what this forum (and any forum tbh) is for! One main facet of forums is for people to help one another around products they own. So yeah you're fine man!
Oh wow yeah I can only imagine lol! Supply chains are crazy right now! It'll all level out though.😃

As a reference, do you have any idea how much the old ones cost? In other words, if you were to order the old ones right now, how much would that cost? I too am tempted to retrofit, but if it's $5k for example, I am not sure I will do it.
The illuminated ones for pre-refresh are $250. I think the standard ones were like $60 (from a casual discussion with a Tesla Service Advisor).

As a reference, do you have any idea how much the old ones cost? In other words, if you were to order the old ones right now, how much would that cost? I too am tempted to retrofit, but if it's $5k for example, I am not sure I will do it.
I don't know that prices are from Tesla, but Ebay has a like-new pair of Model 3 Matrix Headlights at $300/pair. The Model S refresh matrix has two projectors (Only one matrix I assume) instead of the single projector and reflector highs in the Model 3, so I'm assuming somewhere around $600-800 for a pair of matrix headlights for the Model S.

I should probably buy a poor quality Model 3/Y projector to play with since I assume the plugs will be similar to the S since they like reusing things.

The illuminated ones for pre-refresh are $250. I think the standard ones were like $60 (from a casual discussion with a Tesla Service Advisor).

Oh wow, that's great!!!

Wait. We’re you asking about the sills or the lights? I answered re sills.

Re lights. I recall the pre-refresh lights being around 1.2k each from the time mine was replaced under warranty for a dimming eyebrow. On e-Bay they are like 300-400. No idea what matrix ones run.

Hey guys,

Iliya from TWRAPS here. I see Tesla is already delivering Model S with new door sills and new tail lights. If any of you got one of these and you are in the Bay Area (CA), please DM me if you are willing to meet so I can make models for the new door sills (for PPF and carbon fiber options) and tail lights (for tint). Obviously - you will get them for free too :)

Thanks!
Have you tried to contact Jacob Baltazar (@JacobIsAMac)? He’s on Instagram too.

When is Tesla going to start offering this in their parts catalog?
b16.jpg

I just ordered a plaid and was assigned a current inventory vehicle. My contact at the tesla dealer told me he put my order on hold util Tesla internally announces the new headlights.

Anyone knows the way to speed up this process, so I get assogned a new car instead of existing inventory?
Depends on the config you ordered. It sounds like you are working with a decent SA. Ask them what configs aren’t in inventory around your location and consider changing your spec to them.

That will put you back of line but it’s a plaid so I don’t think that would be long.

When did you place this order?

I just ordered a plaid and was assigned a current inventory vehicle. My contact at the tesla dealer told me he put my order on hold util Tesla internally announces the new headlights.

Anyone knows the way to speed up this process, so I get assogned a new car instead of existing inventory?
There seem to be some plaids with new headlights in the inventory. Probably you can try to see whether you can find one that matches your config.