Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a little confused and want some clarification. I texted the Tesla number and no one responds with a straight answer.

I ordered my model s on 2/6. I completed everything on my profile except I have not applied for financing. I am therefore being told that my Profile is not completed which could delay delivery. But I am also told not to apply for financing yet because my EDD isn’t until June. I am confused on what to do. Tesla is now telling me to change my payment method to cash to complete my profile then I can change it back to financing later on. Is that what I should do? I feel like I’ve been told contradictory things. Thanks!
This is what I did as well and no problems switching back to financing. Taking delivery tomorrow!

Hey guys,

Iliya from TWRAPS here. I see Tesla is already delivering Model S with new door sills and new tail lights. If any of you got one of these and you are in the Bay Area (CA), please DM me if you are willing to meet so I can make models for the new door sills (for PPF and carbon fiber options) and tail lights (for tint). Obviously - you will get them for free too :)

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Iliya from TWRAPS here. I see Tesla is already delivering Model S with new door sills and new tail lights. If any of you got one of these and you are in the Bay Area (CA), please DM me if you are willing to meet so I can make models for the new door sills (for PPF and carbon fiber options) and tail lights (for tint). Obviously - you will get them for free too :)

Thanks!
The door sills are new? Whaaaa? How do you know? I still have the original door sill protectors from you I never got to install on my 2021. 😞

Well, these… do they work on the new refresh?

I wonder when they’ll update the website to reflect the new lights. Seems odd that new orders placed show a different car than what they’ll be receiving guaranteed
Yup. They generally wait for a while (usually 1-2 weeks) until deliveries of the new changes have been fully phased in, because only at that point are the new changes guaranteed. There is a high likelihood that the site updates this Thursday, as Tesla typically likes to do site updates that day. :)

The door sills are new? Whaaaa? How do you know? I still have the original door sill protectors from you I never got to install on my 2021. 😞

Well, these… do they work on the new refresh?

I was just made aware of this today... someone sent me a photo of what his door sills look like (2022 refresh S), and here it is... completely new. So apparently Tesla changed those too :( I need the car to make the models but I've been scanning cities all over CA and NV on Turo, and nada!

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 10.54.02 PM.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I was just made aware of this today... someone sent me a photo of what his door sills look like (2022 refresh S), and here it is... completely new. So apparently Tesla changed those too :( I need the car to make the models but I've been scanning cities all over CA and NV on Turo, and nada!

View attachment 776141
That's the prior Model S. The lumbar controls for the Palladium S are now behind the main seat controls, similar to Model Y and 3. :)
Model-S-Plaid-ANC-Mic-Location.jpg

View attachment 776141
Do @EndlessPlaid and me get discounts for saving you a load of time? 😂

Oh man, I hope you guys are right!!!! These changes Tesla does are a big headache for me, having a bunch of stuff pre-created for inventory, finding a new car, making models, making install video & product photos...it's a big PITA 😂

For privacy reasons I can't disclose who told me this, but the person claimed that it's the new 2022 Model S with the yoke and sent me this photo that I posted and complained that my door sills don't fit, which ja-haa, yeah they don't fit, it's a completely different shape.
But you are right, I never paid attention to the lumbar support button (Elon if you are reading this, please DO NOT REMOVE IT, just because we ignore it 😂) but it's indeed on the back. Unless the 2022 Model S also changes the locations of these buttons?

Do @EndlessPlaid and me get discounts for saving you a load of time? 😂
Allegedly saving me time 😂...let's see. If anyone with the newer new S can post a pic of door sills it would put my mind at ease ! But discount -yes, for TMC members -> OFCOURSEISTILLLOVEYOU (10% off...sorry can't offer much more for now, as my margins are tighter than I'd like as I don't operate at large volume.... but maybe soon I can raise the prices 30% and offer a 20% discount 😃just kidding of course!)

Oh man, I hope you guys are right!!!! These changes Tesla does are a big headache for me, having a bunch of stuff pre-created for inventory, finding a new car, making models, making install video & product photos...it's a big PITA 😂

For privacy reasons I can't disclose who told me this, but the person claimed that it's the new 2022 Model S with the yoke and sent me this photo that I posted and complained that my door sills don't fit, which ja-haa, yeah they don't fit, it's a completely different shape.
But you are right, I never paid attention to the lumbar support button (Elon if you are reading this, please DO NOT REMOVE IT, just because we ignore it 😂) but it's indeed on the back. Unless the 2022 Model S also changes the locations of these buttons?
Yeah I'm sorry, but whoever told you that is mistaken. I've seen plenty of 2022 models, and they definitely haven't changed that at all. The whole interior is off. Also, it would make no sense for Tesla to not use what they already use to a degree in the Model 3 and Y.
So I would double and triple check that before wasting any of your time.😃

• Love
Reactions: iyordanov
Yeah I'm sorry, but whoever told you that is mistaken. I've seen plenty of 2022 models, and they definitely haven't changed that at all. The whole interior is off. Also, it would make no sense for Tesla to not use what they already use to a degree in the Model 3 and Y.
So I would double and triple check that before wasting any of your time.😃
Thank you! It does make sense!

My plea still stands for the tail lights though - if anyone has the newer new S with the new tail lights, and willing to meet in the Bay Area, please DM me 👍 I will keep checking Turo once or twice a week, only a matter of time before it shows up....or just convince the wife that it's time to get rid of that old July 2021 Model S, and show the world who's the boss with a 2022 Model S 😂

My plea still stands for the tail lights though - if anyone has the newer new S with the new tail lights, and willing to meet in the Bay Area, please DM me 👍 I will keep checking Turo once or twice a week, only a matter of time before it shows up....or just convince the wife that it's time to get rid of that old July 2021 Model S, and show the world who's the boss with a 2022 Model S 😂
Ok, let me try to find it if I can. Here's a 2022 model delivered in Jan to @IamGaryGnu:
a2b95976-1978-439d-b36f-11dd2b3ae3a8-jpeg.758165

If you look at the very bottom you can see the front of the seat control, not the lumbar. 😃

The guy who sent you the pic is trolling you.

This look familiar?

Ok here we go, the guy that took delivery yesterday of his Plaid with the new lights! Check out the bottom left pic.

One thing to always look for @iyordanov to see if it's a new S or not is the carpeting. Take a look at how much less carpeting (and more plastic) the sill of the picture you were sent has. Then compare with the tweet I posted above. You'll notice there is a vastly different sill. The plate is dark, and most key here: the carpet extends all the way to the sill, with no plastic in sight.
I hope that can help you save some time just in case it happens again.😁😀