Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. My post about all that stuff was literally from internal docs, not my predictions. :)

Exactly. Radar use is going away in ~6mo for all cars with a FSD computer.
Thanks for your valuable information.
The original post claimed that all VINs assigned to MS orders after last Friday will be equipped with new headlights. I wonder whether it is possible for some of these orders to be matched to a rejected VIN, which has the old headlight?

Update:
Just saw your previous response regarding this issue: "All new orders are new builds presently.". My order is not a NEW order, but an order put last year and on hold until the end of this month (right, few days away). I have rejected two VINs, so I think I cannot reject the third one if it does not have the new headlight.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks for your valuable information.
The original post claimed that all VINs assigned to MS orders after last Friday will be equipped with new headlights. I wonder whether it is possible for some of these orders to be matched to a rejected VIN, which has the old headlight?

Update:
Just saw your previous response regarding this issue: "All new orders are new builds presently.". My order is not a NEW order, but an order put last year and on hold until the end of this month (right, few days away). I have rejected two VINs, so I think I cannot reject the third one if it does not have the new headlight.

There is a small chance of that but I would imagine those would be inventory vehicles... for most the solution is to ask for birthday of your matched VIN. If it isn't showing up, car likely doesn't exist yet (and you're good). If it shows this week, you're good.

In your case having unmatched two VINs before, I would maybe just hold till end of the month. FYI you can also ask if the VIN has been rejected, SAs have access to this information.

Even for regular TACC?

Yep!

There is a small chance of that but I would imagine those would be inventory vehicles... for most the solution is to ask for birthday of your matched VIN. If it isn't showing up, car likely doesn't exist yet (and you're good). If it shows this week, you're good.

In your case having unmatched two VINs before, I would maybe just hold till end of the month. FYI you can also ask if the VIN has been rejected, SAs have access to this information.

Yep!

Do you mean hold till the end of March?

Do you mean hold till the end of March?

Yeah. The only way you can be 100% certain is when you see other people taking delivery. But it isn't like removing your hold will make you instantly match with a car. I removed my hold last week (ordered in Jan 2021) and I am very confident I'll be getting a car with new lights. My EDD is late April.

I think you are fine removing your hold personally, but if you want to be absolutely sure just wait till you see delivery photos with the new lights. I think that'll start next week.

• Love