Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if the line is back up yet but I think it'll take a few days to dial in. I don't expect any new light cars to be in inventory for awhile so I wouldn't pay attention to that.

As for your loan, that's unfortunate and one of the areas Tesla messes up. For my most recent Tesla I was vin unmatched and had to do financing and credit check twice which was super annoying. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

On the bright side you'll def get new lights either way.

For your next Tesla, just put cash until you get VIN match and then do financing. :)

Yes. It’s on cash.

Locked in my loan because I had just financed wife’s MYP. I was on the last day of the window where they would not need to run another credit report. Oh well.

The bright side does look good!

Last edited:
Part catalog

Attachments

• 8BBF3DEC-8F7E-49DF-9819-2B3A9550D994.jpeg
    8BBF3DEC-8F7E-49DF-9819-2B3A9550D994.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 136
So is it just me or the model 3 still looks more refreshed and modern?

I actually prefer that look over the new refresh 🤷🏽‍♂️

Attachments

• D2F8E97C-AC14-48AE-9035-EE0FA9549710.jpeg
    D2F8E97C-AC14-48AE-9035-EE0FA9549710.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 105
  • A8C7BC25-A7CA-4024-9D09-135708A2556C.jpeg
    A8C7BC25-A7CA-4024-9D09-135708A2556C.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: onshi
So is it just me or the model 3 still looks more refreshed and modern?

I actually prefer that look over the new refresh 🤷🏽‍♂️

It is cleaner without the part line from the applique delete for sure. It would require a lot of new tooling and time to achieve that on the S, it will come eventually, but there are much more important things for Tesla to focus on right now so we have to live with this compromise for now.

Add the spoiler and both look pretty hot to me.

Yep, and you're never going to convince me that the Model 3 is a better looking car. And I owned one. That whole trunk section is just... unfortunate looking. Some angles look great. The trunk isn't one of them.

Attachments

• 348191E6-562A-410B-97C1-8E20E776F1FE_1_105_c.jpeg
    348191E6-562A-410B-97C1-8E20E776F1FE_1_105_c.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 107
Yep, and you're never going to convince me that the Model 3 is a better looking car. And I owned one. That whole trunk section is just... unfortunate looking. Some angles look great. The trunk isn't one of them.
Certainly not better looking. But definitely handsome on its own merits. Both the 3 and the Y have grown on me. Detested both when they came out. I just love wife’s MYP. Particularly tinted, smoked, debadged, rebadged, etc.

The S was pure lust from day 1. Ok, from post nosecone refresh. Good lord, what was Franz thinking? Sorry @aerodyne. :)

Certainly not better looking. But definitely handsome on its own merits. Both the 3 and the Y have grown on me. Detested both when they came out. I just love wife’s MYP. Particularly tinted, smoked, debadged, rebadged, etc.

The S was pure lust from day 1. Ok, from post nosecone refresh. Good lord, what was Franz thinking? Sorry @aerodyne. :)

Yes, the nosecone was a grievous error. But perhaps necessary for the hardware behind it at the time. I have to only think there was something different they could have done, but I wasn't making that call.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the nosecone.....

So much so that when I considered getting one shortly after the removal, I looked into the possibility of swapping the nose cone back on.... In retrospect, I think it was because it reminded me of a more traditional ICE front end which I liked.... I guess I wasn't quite ready to embrace the EV look of a smooth front.... I assume the ICE look is what they were going for....

It didn't take long for the newer versions to grow on me and once the latest refresh and additional width happened, I KNEW I had to find a way to get one in my garage....

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the nosecone.....

So much so that when I considered getting one shortly after the removal, I looked into the possibility of swapping the nose cone back on.... In retrospect, I think it was because it reminded me of a more traditional ICE front end which I liked.... I guess I wasn't quite ready to embrace the EV look of a smooth front.... I assume the ICE look is what they were going for....

It didn't take long for the newer versions to grow on me and once the latest refresh and additional width happened, I KNEW I had to find a way to get one in my garage....

Let's all agree you're in the minority. 😂

I thinking, Franz was thinking, this is what the S would look like. Some how it did not make it into production:

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_104836559_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210519_104836559_HDR.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 109
Joined the club :)
“LR/Blue/White/21”/no fsd
So far June 18 - July 16th EDD

I guess new tails/front are a guarantee then.
I may opt to wrap the back strip the same colour of whatever I do for the decals. Maybe gun metal/carbon to match the rims :) also add a spoiler..hopefully oem or 3rd party avail by then!

I also have an MYP on order but waiting patiently for the 4680/unicast numbers and specs. Will decide then which one is a GO!

But man do I MISS the S. It was 2016-2021 of 5 glorious ownership years…ended on a beautiful 2018 red/cream 100D which was my baby!
Does anyone see the beauty in chrome trim still? Feel like it goes better with certain colours. Am I alone?
Ok my blue/white LR just updated to April 18th :) my sons bday ha. Well that was fast!

So would anyone shoot me if I said I wanted to change the handles/trim/decals to gun metal and match the 21” rims? Somehow blue / black is like a fashion no..I’d even prefer chrome over it. We took blue ext as my wife loves it but my preference would be black in this model given all the black trim. Looks the most aggressive but as I’m learning with my blk M3LR…a real B to keep clean.

It’s the black handles on blue…😖vs chrome or gun metal.

My old 2016 90D prior to the red 100D…blue/chrome trim/gun metal wheels and red calipers…my favorite colour scheme :)

Attachments

• B0243DBF-908B-475A-9B23-14F3F79447DF.jpeg
    B0243DBF-908B-475A-9B23-14F3F79447DF.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited: