Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "TESLA" projection in light show is a little cringy for my taste. But those projectors look much, much brighter than the LEDs from the 2016.5-2021. I'd also guess that there's no retrofit, (especially back to pre-2021 cars) but I said the same thing about MCU1 and they proved me wrong.

Without scrolling back through 13 pages, do we know if the new headlights have auto-leveling and curve-adaptive functionality?
They'll have auto leveling for sure, not sure how they're going to do curve lighting since it looks like there are no more little corner lights. In the video it kind of looking they were swiveling but it was very hard to tell

They'll have auto leveling for sure, not sure how they're going to do curve lighting since it looks like there are no more little corner lights. In the video it kind of looking they were swiveling but it was very hard to tell
As a note: The model Y lights are capable of shifting left to right. Watched them as I went into Service Mode last night and played around with the heights.

Reactions: pabla
I enabled this feature here in the US with my 2018 X5. It was disabled from the factory in Spartanburg, SC but I enabled it via a laptop and ODN. Here is what the "matrix" headlights will be doing once it's enabled via Tesla OTA update. ENJOY.

The video is great overall but if you go to the 6:40 mark, you can see how the NGHB lights put the car ahead of the driver in a tunnel using his high beams. Really neat stuff.. loved this feature on my old X5.

A blue LR refreshed shows the back trim coming standard as black! Thank god !
225E89A2-2601-43E6-837F-EBB0EFF37EF3.jpeg

16574D7D-1992-4AB6-B769-D6DB5CB38670.jpeg

62133111-9DC0-486A-B07B-12C5F17399B9.jpeg

I was kind of looking forward to colour matched for blue and red. Maybe plaid is matched and LR isn’t? We’ve seen colour matched as well so this means 2 diff strips?
Nah. Tesla won't do that kind of complication. It's going to be black all around for sure. And all of the Plaid prototypes we've seen with the new lights have looked to have a black bar. Only the Dual Motor was ever body colored. Also, the customer Plaids spotted on that truck had a black bar.

Reactions: cmarshack
Happy for the new owners getting the updated taillights and headlights. I actually don't mind the older ones, but these are definitely an incremental step forward. One thing I don't like as much is the charge port update. I like the ring lighting around the older charge port... But it's a minor nit.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned yet is the rear license plate "holder" plate thingy is new. I didnt have that in my 06/2021 manufactured MSLR.

Edit: also noticed the new taillights have much cleaner finishing around the edges than the outgoing version which can look like they have a whitish/plastic outline.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Happy for the new owners getting the updated taillights and headlights. I actually don't mind the older ones, but these are definitely an incremental step forward. One thing I don't like as much is the charge port update. I like the ring lighting around the older charge port... But it's a minor nit.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned yet is the rear license plate "holder" plate thingy is new. I didnt have that in my 06/2021 manufactured MSLR.

As far as I understand those have been standard for years. I'd talk to your local delivery center about it and get one.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid