Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully, the supercharger NW of Ottawa is in Renfrew rather than Pembroke. Renfrew at 100km is a bit close to Ottawa but allows for connections from Algonquin as well from North Bay. Renfrew is perfectly positioned when driving SE: 245km from the Huntsville supercharger and 265km from North Bay.

Leaving from Ottawa, Pembroke is only 145km and about 30% of my 85kWh pack so both it and Renfrew are too close on the way out of Ottawa.

Plugged into a Chargepoint charger at Toronto Yorkdale. Was there for about an hour and 20 minutes. Charger stated that charge was $ 2.00 /hour. My credit card was charged $ 2.77 BUT in US Dollars which converted to CAD$ 3.74
Nowhere it was stated that these charges were in US$. So beware.

That's a good note. I hope you put this info in the Plugshare app.

I'd also think it is an easy correction. A quick call or email to Chargepoint will get your money refunded and a correction to the information displayed on the charger itself.

On the note of the Yorkdale charger, I never used it because I knew there was a cost. However, I was there in the middle of summer and noticed the chargers were free. I was totally confused and wondered if i recalled incorrectly, or if they removed the cost. If it's back, I wonder if Yorkdale changes things based on how busy they are. They do that with their parking garage in general. During busy season, they only give you like 2-hours free but in summer you can park all day for nothing.

Ho Ho Ho... Merry gouging-your-customers.

For those in Quebec, we see new SC spots in Saguenay, Trois-Rivières, Laurentides (Tremblant maybe), South shore of Montreal, on the 50 to Ottawa, and obviously the Quebec and Ottawa previouslay announced but long to be in construction. that's good news, seems like they didn't forget any. Thanks to Club Tesla Québec that has been active identifying best spots.

In November with temps 5-10 degrees celsius: Did Ottawa to Moncton with my P85
Ottawa to Magog 320 km's (In the winter because of a 25 - 40% drop in range, I suggest go via Cornwall SC - It's a little off the highway)
Magog to Brewer is 340 km's - I stopped off at the Sugarloaf mountain resort as they have a L2 right at the entrance to increase range enough to make it. They have a nice restaurant. Drive from Magog to Sugarloaf is beautiful and smooth. We did an overnight at the hotel.
Brewer to PEI is 600 km's so as rypalmer has suggested, do an overnight at hotel with a level 2 in N.B.

Pro tip: you can coast out of Sugarloaf and gain extra charge on the way back down to the highway. ;-)

I think chances are high that there will be a Supercharger in the Woodstock, NB area by this time next year (one-year late as per Tesla's overly optimistic maps). However, I am fairly pessimistic about any other Atlantic Province Superchargers coming before 2018. Just my opinion.

Woodstock has been cut from the map, as another poster notes above. Stunningly disappointing. I'm hoping it will be one of the chargers that pops up without being on the map, but I suppose that seems unlikely now.

Woodstock has been cut from the map, as another poster notes above...

I too am surprised, but think it's just a typo caused by someone in California cropping off anything East of Maine.

Then again, maybe this is a sign of a long saga like the one where Casselmen/Ottawa dots have switched around, disappeared, reappeared and otherwise played musical chairs with no winner in sight.

Last edited:
Just arrived in Sussex, NB.

I left Toronto Saturday 3pm after the bad weather was done and charged Port Hope, Kingston, Cornwall, and Magog Superchargers. Did not see another soul charging except one other S in Kingston. All charging was rock solid, 93kW+.

I wanted to top up in Sherbrooke to give me a head start on Brewer, but encountered a broken Tesla Destination Charger at the hotel. It was late (2:30) so I elected to curl up in the back seat for about 6 hours instead. Camper mode isn't half bad! I was back on the road at 9:30. The driving past the Maine border was not great, and I had trouble keeping a lid on energy consumption that side of Sugarloaf. So I stopped at Sugarloaf Hotel (it's beautiful) for an hour while the weather worsened. I ended up staying 90 minutes and ended up with an 8% buffer even after cranking the heat and blasting up the I95. The Sugarloaf folks were beyond friendly and i hope to get back to do some skiing soon. They deserve our business. The guy working the cafe was a solar panel installer in the summer season.

Again, nobody else at Brewer, but on the fringe of the network I expected that. Pulled a strong charge while I ate at Ruby Tuesday.

Saint John was he goal but I made it easily to Sussex, cutting out an extra 40 minutes from my drive to Charlottetown tomorrow morning.