Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it reasonable to assume that there will not be any new sites begun in January to March because of the difficulty of digging trenches, etc once the ground freezes? But certainly all the sites that are currently being work on will be completed in the next month or so. That actually means that they will have doubled the number of Superchargers in Ontario in the space of 3 to 4 months. Personally I am more than satisfied with that, considering the slow pace in the past and just how difficult it must be to ramp up as quickly as they have. If they can sustain that pace again starting in April or May, I would be very happy.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Indeed. I was starting to despair that we'd ever get more Superchargers, and then this rapid buildout started. But I think it's safe to say, with the ground starting to freeze, that there won't be any additional stations started until the spring at best.

There may still be sites out there that we haven't discovered yet, of course. It's happened before that we "discovered" a site only when Tesla announced it!

Usually, yes, but they could still sneak one past us. Sometimes new stations aren't even on Tesla's preview map. There are also stations being built now that were promised for 2018, like Tremblant.

Also there are the more out-of-the-way locations. I've not heard much news of people scouting out Renfrew.

Usually, yes, but they could still sneak one past us. Sometimes new stations aren't even on Tesla's preview map. There are also stations being built now that were promised for 2018, like Tremblant.

Also there are the more out-of-the-way locations. I've not heard much news of people scouting out Renfrew.
Madoc, Tweed, Smiths Falls etc would be nice for Hwy 7 travellers. I know Mr. PlugShare will
Disagree!

• Funny
Reactions: mazeminder

I've been scouting Orangeville. It's scheduled for 2018.....but I was hoping perhaps this year.....

There could start work on indoor sites. If one is planned for downtown Toronto it will probably be indoors like the one at CF Rideau in Ottawa.
Coming from upcountry it never crossed my mind that they could be still starting them indoors. Would it be right to assume that Superchargers would be put in the remotest corners of parking structures so would be less likely to be spotted just accidentally?

Coming from upcountry it never crossed my mind that they could be still starting them indoors. Would it be right to assume that Superchargers would be put in the remotest corners of parking structures so would be less likely to be spotted just accidentally?

I have not seen any indoor superchargers yet, but if they use similar pattern to L2 chargers in parking garages, then I'd expect them to be more centrally located / easy to find: either close to car entrance point or pedestrian exit point. At least that is my experience so far with L2 chargers in public parking garages.

I have not seen any indoor superchargers yet, but if they use similar pattern to L2 chargers in parking garages, then I'd expect them to be more centrally located / easy to find: either close to car entrance point or pedestrian exit point. At least that is my experience so far with L2 chargers in public parking garages.
I assumed they would put them in the least used part of the garage, but I am probably wrong. The only ones I ever used were at the Pearson parking garage, and as you said, there were close to the entrance. I just figured a big installation like 8 or 16 Supercharger stalls would be farther removed.

There is a Supercharger planned in Ste Therese for the end of the year. My hunch is that it will be located at Faubourg Boisbriand it at Place Rosemère. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I assumed they would put them in the least used part of the garage, but I am probably wrong. The only ones I ever used were at the Pearson parking garage, and as you said, there were close to the entrance. I just figured a big installation like 8 or 16 Supercharger stalls would be farther removed.
Superchargers at Pearson would make no sense. What purpose would they serve other than a stream of idling revenue for Tesla as owners would be off on a flight which would clearly violate the charge and move policy.