Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or the automakers can buy 150kW Electrify America chargers.

Traditional automakers are still in the "someone else provides the fuel" paradigm. Granted, this may be starting to shift a tiny bit, but really only Tesla has developed an end-to-end ecosystem thus far. I am of the opinion that Tesla will, at some point, want to monetize the huge investments they've made in Supercharger stations and become the "gas station" of the future. Selling adapters and charging for use would bring in much needed revenue which could, in theory, roll into even more Supercharger stations. I'm not sure when, but I really believe Tesla will want to capitalize on the significant head start they currently have in this area. Could be a huge win-win for Tesla owners as well as EV adoption overall.

Keeping my reservation. Rebate makes no difference. There isn't a compelling alternative. Look to pick up a standard range AWD 3 in a year or so, until then Tesla can keep my money in their bank.

If the reservation deposit means nothing in terms of priority, fine, but let's not pretend Tesla will have trouble selling every car they make.

Sorry for those that missed out on the rebate, but you had your chance to purchase three months ago, when Tesla prioritized Ontario customers to the tune of thousands of deliveries in a one month span.
I was on the list the whole time and was NOT given a chance to buy one.

Too much pride and hubris on the part of legacy automakers. Tesla just needs to make a Supercharger -> CHAdeMO / CCS adapter with all the smarts in it for billing to sell to other EV owners.
Kinda pointless IMHO, since few other legacy car makers HAVE cars. If/when they get around to building them, they can make sure Tesla provides them with Tesla's own charging hardware so it's plug and play.

Or let the kitbashers do it, like they did for the HPWC to 1722 adapters that are already out there.

If/when they get around to building them, they can make sure Tesla provides them with Tesla's own charging hardware so it's plug and play.

Or let the kitbashers do it, like they did for the HPWC to 1722 adapters that are already out there.

Tesla has offered others their plug standard, but it appears they have no takers.

I think Tesla would/should build and officially endorse any kind of Supercharger to DCFC adapter so that they can ensure it communicates properly for billing purposes.

Reactions: mrElbe
Kinda pointless IMHO, since few other legacy car makers HAVE cars. If/when they get around to building them, they can make sure Tesla provides them with Tesla's own charging hardware so it's plug and play.
For the last week I have been parking in an underground parking garage in the heart of Toronto's financial district with 9 L2 chargers. They generally fill up and I have never seen more than three Teslas - so there are other EVs out there. There are Audis, BMWs, Mercedes Benzs, Porsche, etc, all with EV plates (GV** *** in Ontario) and charging away.

For the last week I have been parking in an underground parking garage in the heart of Toronto's financial district with 9 L2 chargers. They generally fill up and I have never seen more than three Teslas - so there are other EVs out there. There are Audis, BMWs, Mercedes Benzs, Porsche, etc, all with EV plates (GV** *** in Ontario) and charging away.
yup, loads of Cayenne/Panamera PHEV, A3 PHEV, a few BMW X5/6 PHEV kicking about etc. Still nothing remotely interesting that's full electric from anyone other than tesla, so they've got that going for them.

The e-Golf, Audi eTron and Jaguar iPace are the only things remotely close to being a desirable electric car, and they all have their warts.

eGolf - range too short (looks good though, like a normal car)
Audi eTron - ugly (my opinion...but it looks like an allroad on stilts and doesn't look right). Right size, and good range though. This will be a strike at the Tesla Model Y as this is the vehicle segment that will sell millions...mid-sized SUV. This is where the automakers all make their money and Audi isn't asleep at the wheel on this one. I reckon this car will result in Tesla rushing out the model Y as they see their lunch get eaten by Ingolstadt. Mercedes too...they appear to be itching to launch their electric mid sized SUV.
Jag iPace - same thing, looks like a little hatch on stilts. Front end is nice. Otherwise it's too small and too ugly from the wing mirrors back.

Great news Trois-Rivière!!!

Attachments

• Tesla YAMACHICHE.jpg
    Tesla YAMACHICHE.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 81
of note "Tesla is committed to ensuring that Supercharger will never be a profit center."

Supercharging
Not much of a stretch. The math says it's stupid even to try. The potential profit on the sale of a car is so much greater than the potential profit on charging. So the choice is either to try to build a network to sell cars, or let other suckers and criminals pay for the chargers.