Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what you were seeing was the battery warming up and the power increasing, until you hit the taper.

OK, good to know, thanks. As you say, a battery temperature reading would be useful!

- - - Updated - - -

Just got this from Tesla, in response to an email I sent on the weekend:

Thank you for checking in. The Mobile Supercharger Unit has arrived in Kingston and is currently being prepared for use. We are expecting to make it available to the public this week.

Yep, when I used a SuperCharger for the first time (Cornwall) I had the red light when I put the cable... first I thought that there was a problem with the SuC (it was Day 1 of operation) ...

I'm pretty sure the driver is saying he could not get the pistol near the port due to the cold weather stiffening the cable. Not the same as your issue in August.

Edit: It could be user error though, as suggested by triss1. Perhaps he was parking too far away.

Last edited:
Kingston? I'm getting out the champagne! If Barrie too, I'll have to get some more.

As for Tranmere in Mississauga moving, they've told a number of people, including me, that they will be, possibly in the spring (which means soon, as opposed to "soon"). The place is too small, among who knows what other problems. Where they're going, I know not, except that it will be south west. Could be Mississauga still, although they may want to go farther from T-O. All I want is for Tesla to choose the best place for Tesla, even though sure, I'd like them to be near me (which isn't realistic).

Let's hope wherever it is includes Superchargers.

Last edited:
Why do you say it is an awful location? It is pretty close to the DVP&401 which is one of the major crossroads in Toronto. If you were heading across Toronto on the 401 it is only about a 5km detour.

If you are driving through Toronto it's a 10km detour (5km x2). Not exactly close to the highway.

I'm sure you'd hate to drive 5km off the highway in Woodstock or Kingston (a 10km detour) if it was merely a pitstop. :)

OK, good to know, thanks. As you say, a battery temperature reading would be useful!

- - - Updated - - -

The Mobile Supercharger Unit has arrived in Kingston and is currently being prepared for use. We are expecting to make it available to the public this week.

Fingers crossed. Trip (from Pembroke) to Ottawa and onward to Burlington this Sunday night, sure would be nice to supercharge in Kingston!

Wayner:

It kinda makes my point when your 'ideal' Toronto location is not in Toronto. Yes, it may be 5km from the 401 but, it is only 2km from the DVP. That covers most people who commute downtown.

I've already had this virtual argument earlier in this thread. If your sole goal is to bypass Toronto, 'surprise!' A supercharger in Toronto doesn't suit your needs. However, being next to TWO major freeways is pretty good.

It kinda makes my point when your 'ideal' Toronto location is not in Toronto.
The Ajax location is not my ideal Toronto location, it is my ideal East GTA location since it will be at the junction of the two East-West highways after the West Durham Link is completed later this year. I agree that Lawrence is a good location, especially when you have a service centre there.

And what are your thoughts on the Cornwall SC?
It is at least a couple of kilometres south of the 401 and then you have to circumnavigate a dangerous traffic circle and stay to the right in order to get to the Ramada exit.
Very dangerous. Anyone had any close calls there?

Traffic circles aren't inherently dangerous. If anything, the fact that you need to pay close attention when going through them tends to slow down traffic, resulting in it "feeling dangerous" but in reality being far safer.

(I've not driven through that particular traffic circle, but there are lots of them near my house.)