Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about UK? Do they have more Teslas than Canada?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413830374979.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1413830374979.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 576
I will install one in Oshawa if I can get the HPWC for free... I have a commercial unit off Ritson north of the 401 (5 min drive) near the new Costco. I have applied to the city to get the service upgraded to 200A and then that should not be a problem. I will take care of the electrical install.

Remember you also get 50% off the installation costs for a charger as well in Ontario.

OMG Cobourg went "Guest Only". And appears to be offline. This means the only high powered charger between Ottawa and Toronto is now the Best Western in Kingston. If that goes "Guest Only", is ICE'd (which has happened to me already), or goes offline, people are going to get stranded this winter.

It may soon be almost impossible to drive Ottawa-Toronto or Montreal-Toronto in winter conditions, at least without an overnight stay AND a substantial risk of getting stranded.

We're going back to where we were four years ago, when it was impossible to do highway travel in the winter. This is a disaster!

Doug, I agree. It is very frustrating!

I made the trip to Montreal and back using the Toronto and Cornwall Superchargers over the past couple of days. It is now very marginal, and getting worse as the temperature drops. The Kingston Supercharger is desperately needed.

The Superchargers are great, as long as you are not trying to complete a Range Charge (which takes a very long time).

Doug, I agree. It is very frustrating!

I made the trip to Montreal and back using the Toronto and Cornwall Superchargers over the past couple of days. It is now very marginal, and getting worse as the temperature drops. The Kingston Supercharger is desperately needed.

The Superchargers are great, as long as you are not trying to complete a Range Charge (which takes a very long time).

I should have some new Kingston information tomorrow night....stay tuned!

***KINGSTON UPDATE***

Ok, here we go...here is a link to very detailed drawings of the project. I uploaded it to my softball website, I have the flu and can't think straight, (and I don't upload files very often).

http://www.freewebs.com/kingston3pitch/ON002%20-%20KINGSTON%20-%20CD100%20-%20REV%202%20(S&S)(CITY%20COMMENTS)%2009-19-14.pdf

Looks like it will be 6 stalls for now at least. The 6 stalls in a line, but 3 parking spots on either side of the curb. They are putting the transformer and switch over beside an existing transformer, and then running power lines in the ground quite a ways to the SC cabinet and stalls location. It will be very obvious to see when they start.

My planning contact says it has no need to go through the approval process and is ready to go. She also gave me the Tesla contact who is heading up this site and I have left a voicemail with them. Hopefully they call me back and we can get some rough timelines from Tesla.

Very exciting! Hope to see ground broken soon! I'll pop by next week and take a look....was just there a few days ago and nothing.

Thanks for sharing this! Now we need to see some progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that is awesome news. This is the one we're all waiting for!!!

The location looks fantastic - very close to the highway, at least one restaurant available, etc.

If they have a "grand opening" I'll definitely come down for it.

Actually 2 more, Pizza Hut and Swiss Chalet.

I'm coming down too. Once I see progress, I will enable the supercharger option.

This is great news but what has been the holdup??? Hasn't this been in the works for months?

The stalls are front and centre. I drove right past that parking spot last weekend and thought there is no way they will put them front and centre. I stand corrected. I hope they don't get ICE'd a lot. Hope they are in by next Queen's homecoming!

There's a Paneros opening across the street in a couple months too. And every fast food you could think of is within walking distance. Also Denny's and East Side Mario's within a 10 min walk.

Spots should be OK for not being ICEd. Most people park near the store they are going too and these spots are sort of in the very middle of the lot. If they were on the side of the Boston Pizza I could see them getting ICEd a lot.

Oh, also she said the project was approved on October 9th. Originally it was supposed to be across the street where the new section of outdoor mall is going.

Last edited:
hingisfan: thank you, that is awesome.

It's interesting that they propose back-to-back parking. I haven't seen this at any Superchargers yet. 1A feeds the parking spot to the south, 1B the spot to the north, ditto for 2A/B and 3A/B. That should make it easy to avoid plugging into the same Supercharger cabinet if there's only one or two cars already there.

***KINGSTON UPDATE***

Ok, here we go...here is a link to very detailed drawings of the project. I uploaded it to my softball website, I have the flu and can't think straight, (and I don't upload files very often).

http://www.freewebs.com/kingston3pitch/ON002%20-%20KINGSTON%20-%20CD100%20-%20REV%202%20(S&S)(CITY%20COMMENTS)%2009-19-14.pdf

Looks like it will be 6 stalls for now at least. The 6 stalls in a line, but 3 parking spots on either side of the curb. They are putting the transformer and switch over beside an existing transformer, and then running power lines in the ground quite a ways to the SC cabinet and stalls location. It will be very obvious to see when they start.

My planning contact says it has no need to go through the approval process and is ready to go. She also gave me the Tesla contact who is heading up this site and I have left a voicemail with them. Hopefully they call me back and we can get some rough timelines from Tesla.

Very exciting! Hope to see ground broken soon! I'll pop by next week and take a look....was just there a few days ago and nothing.

Thanks for the plans. Lots of great detail. I don't think that we have seen one of these detailed site plans since Madison, WI. Great to see the changes with 135kW Superchargers.

Of interest. It looks like they plan for a 277/480 Volt transformer. In Squamish, they had to accept the 346/600 Canadian standard and then put in another transformer to convert that to 277/480 that the Superchargers want.

Please keep these plans on-line. If you have to take them down, let me know and we can try to host them elsewhere.

Thanks for the plans. Lots of great detail. I don't think that we have seen one of these detailed site plans since Madison, WI. Great to see the changes with 135kW Superchargers.

Of interest. It looks like they plan for a 277/480 Volt transformer. In Squamish, they had to accept the 346/600 Canadian standard and then put in another transformer to convert that to 277/480 that the Superchargers want.

Please keep these plans on-line. If you have to take them down, let me know and we can try to host them elsewhere.

Maybe that's why the new transformer is beside an existing one. Perhaps they are using the old one and the new one?