Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to go to Toronto on the long weekend, and it seems like Best Western is my destiny. Kingston is not even on Supercharge.info... This is the first time I feel a limitation driving a Tesla.

My HPWC is always available on route for you. Had someone stop by on their way from Ottawa area to Toronto yesterday. Quick top-up and along the route. Take 7 to Mamora, cut across toward 401, charge on the way, and hit the 401 the rest of the way to Toronto.

I drove around the vicinity of the Target parking lot last night in Barrie looking for signs of supercharger construction and could not spot any. There is still tons of parking lot construction going on. Between the many stores the parking lot goes on forever! Lots of locations for potential Supercharger stalls. If this is where the Supercharger is going then, like Kingston, it is understandable why it's not in yet given the incomplete parking lot.

No sign of a permit being issued up to the end of September: Building Permit Reports - City of Kingston. Still keeping fingers crossed that they'll have it in place by November...

Then it's sounding very unlikely. I'm starting to think it's not going to be available this winter. It would be very frustrating to go through a third winter with no Supercharger access going to Toronto.

Then it's sounding very unlikely. I'm starting to think it's not going to be available this winter. It would be very frustrating to go through a third winter with no Supercharger access going to Toronto.

I drove through Phase 1 and 2 of King's Crossing shopping centre yesterday. No signs of anything happening. My KEDCO contact hasn't responded to my email. Grr

I beleive Woodstock near the 401 and 403 area has been mentioned

It seems to move around quite a bit, if you believe the rumors and speculation. London would be an ideal spot for those who may head off the 401 towards Sarnia-Port Huron and somewhere down near the Windsor border (town of Comber has been speculated) for those heading to the US from the Windsor-Detroit crossing.

There was some speculation that the electric utility in Woodstock had already been contacted regarding a potential location, but that is unconfirmed.

It seems Tesla's destination charging program has caused some confusion. I heard from a very reliable source that a "Supercharger" was being proposed for downtown Kitchener. It seemed like an odd spot to me, but my contact claimed to be sure. Upon further investigation, it was Tesla HPWCs that were being proposed.

It seems Tesla's destination charging program has caused some confusion. I heard from a very reliable source that a "Supercharger" was being proposed for downtown Kitchener. It seemed like an odd spot to me, but my contact claimed to be sure. Upon further investigation, it was Tesla HPWCs that were being proposed.

What location in Kitchener was being considered for HPWC's? Is this still under consideration?

Toronto to Cornwall Yesterday - OK
Temperature 7 deg C - Average Speed around 102 km/hr
Full Range Charge on Lawrence Ave and 7 km range arriving at Cornwall SC
Cross winds made drafting unhelpful (no energy savings at safe distance)
What are the best (e.g.70A) chargers west of Kingston? (The BW's say guest use only?)
I am not optimistic that I can make the trip West at a safe speed due to possible rain, adverse winds, etc. and would like to have a fall back (7 X 24) charger closer to Toronto.