Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tricky parking at the Barrie SC last Friday night. Feathered the canoe between the sign and the stall

Excellent! Love the pictures! Reminds me of when the kids were young and we took our canoe out to the speed river in Guelph on a regular basis.

- - - Updated - - -

They will allow towing on X and here's how they build some stalls to address this

Hey, I know that supercharger, it was on the way to New York right? We stopped there on our first Tesla road trip (three days into ownership we did 2500 km)...

Hey, I know that supercharger, it was on the way to New York right? We stopped there on our first Tesla road trip (three days into ownership we did 2500 km)...
Yup. We repeated the same trip 2 weeks after yours.

- - - Updated - - -

... they are not common or encouraged in northern areas due to snow clearing concerns.

Good point about the snow removal. Not sure how this will be addressed. I've seen a few like this on my way to NYC

When Tesla first started deploying Superchargers that drive-through arrangement was apparently the default plan. I got in touch and let them know it would be a big problem for snow removal. Of course they didn't listen but I'm guessing they got a lot of feedback from property managers since then, as the back-in style now seem to be the default.

One minor disadvantage Tesla has is being located California - they understand they have to operate in the colder climates, but many employees have no practical understanding of the challenges. Detroit of course doesn't have that issue, though it has many others!

Ah, okay. I guess the app is picking up this information from Tesla. I think that marker for the Waterloo store is new on the Tesla "Find Us" map too.

EDIT: Upon closer examination of the ConnecTT app, I see that the Stores have the red icon with the T logo and Superchargers have the red icon with a lightning bolt icon. Must have missed that distinction earlier!

Is this Waterloo Store location still showing in the App? The Marsland building would be a strange place for a Tesla Store as well

Is this Waterloo Store location still showing in the App? The Marsland building would be a strange place for a Tesla Store as well

Still on the Tesla site as of this morning:

8-10-2015 10-11-45 AM.jpg

When Tesla first started deploying Superchargers that drive-through arrangement was apparently the default plan. I got in touch and let them know it would be a big problem for snow removal. Of course they didn't listen but I'm guessing they got a lot of feedback from property managers since then, as the back-in style now seem to be the default.

However it came about, I am glad that the default is back-in. The single drive-in stall on the end is fine, and drive-through would be ok, but in my view the multiple drive-in slots are really unpleasant. Especially when angled, e.g. Cheyenne, WY.

I wouldn't say the Ottawa location is central in the city. He was operating out of a hotel in the west end when I had my test drive. Great location though and a well planned out demo route.
My point was that there is no Tesla location in Ottawa but they had to put the pin somewhere on the map, so they randomly picked some spot near the middle of the city. And the guy in Ottawa is actually living downtown now (not where the pin is), although he goes wherever he needs to for test drives etc., including the Brookstreet Hotel sometimes.

The Quebec store is a temporary stand in a shopping center (Model S on display in the hallway). The others could just be office space where you can meet and have a test drive by appointment. Don't expect to be able to find an HPWC to charge or accessories for sale at these locations.

This is common when Tesla has determined an area worthy of a store but has not yet secured property. When I first started scoping out Model S in October 2013, the Vancouver "store" was a tiny office in a Burrard St. tower. It had only a desk, copy machine, and a bunch of Tesla paraphernalia (adapters, brochures, etc) scattered around. The test vehicle was stored in another location.

Heading up to Huntsville Monday. I expect to charge for 30 minutes in Barrie, while having breakfast. Hopefully there is a breakfast place there at the SC.
It looks as though I should be able to make the round trip back home with a charge in Barrie without having to plug in to a Sun country charger say at the Best Western there.
Anyone else done this route from Toronto?
What am I saying, geez, of course you have, otherwise there would be little need for the Barrie SC.