Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I have said several times before Grimsby is way inferior the Ham/Burl 407/403/QEW intersection. It would also be useful for folks doing the London to Toronto return as Woodstock is too close to London in some ways for those folks. Grimsby is out of the way unless you are going to Niagara.

@Jaff - I can't imagine Grimsby is very useful for you unless your home charger is down. At least Ham/Burl would give you a quick shot of juice if you were worried about running out before getting home.
One plus is it will be less prone to daily charging.

I agree Wayne...I really wouldn't use a Grimsby Supercharger...a Grimsby Supercharger allows Toronto folks to visit NOTL and Niagara's wineries easier, as they would not have to cross the border to Buffalo to recharge.
But stopping at a SC in Ham/Burl on the way home from NOTL shouldn't be an issue. It isn't that far from Toronto to NOTL, plus a bit of driving around NOTL and then back to the Hammer. That is easily doable as long as it isn't winter and who tours wineries in the winter?

In the conversations I had with TM, they were being lobbied for a Canadian SC station down in Niagara.

Buffalo is fine, if you are continuing to head South into the U.S. , or just going over to the Buffalo area.

If you are visiting Niagara, and wish a Level III charge, but do not want to make the "onerous" trip to Buffalo (ever been caught up in cross border bridge traffic guys?), a Niagara area Super Charger makes complete sense imo.

Niagara is a very busy tourist area (Hamilton, not so much :wink: ) for Toronto folks...I believe that Toronto still has the highest density of Tesla owners.

It is also a terminus area (save leaving the country) for charging (the same as Vancouver or Halifax)...imo, it is a good idea to have Level III charging at a terminus.

Isn't this covered by the Supercharger in Buffalo? It's less than 200 km from Lawrence Ave!

Lawrence Ave is a pain as you have to travel off the main highways and into Toronto traffic. Therefore, I don't think that one counts, just as I don't think the 2-stall Montreal charger counts. It's important to get chargers on the outskirts (like Drummondville, Grimsby, Port Hope).

Lawrence Ave is a pain as you have to travel off the main highways and into Toronto traffic. Therefore, I don't think that one counts, just as I don't think the 2-stall Montreal charger counts. It's important to get chargers on the outskirts (like Drummondville, Grimsby, Port Hope).
Yes, it's a pain that I stopped at the Big Apple to recharge to be able to make it to Mississauga.

who tours wineries in the winter?

Many people do, in my observation! Meanwhile, I look at a potential Grimsby SCh as rather good for anyone from SW Ontario heading to Niagara. No one in their right mind or car would want to go to T-O "on the way," and going to another country for a SCh is not a reasonable expectation. Woodstock to N Falls is 151 km, which doesn't leave much charge room in the colder winter periods for a round trip, especially if you're driving around some.

Woodstock to Grimsby is only 107 km, so maybe not…Jaff's argument for Niagara is pretty sharp IMHO.

Woodstock to Grimsby is only 107 km, so maybe not…Jaff's argument for Niagara is pretty sharp IMHO.

Yeah, the more I look at the map. the more sense Grimsby makes to me. I still believe something is needed in the Hamilton/Burlington area to support 407/QEW/403 travel, but now wonder with rumors of an Oakville Service Center if the plan is to just have Superchargers there similar to Lawrence Ave.

Yeah, the more I look at the map. the more sense Grimsby makes to me. I still believe something is needed in the Hamilton/Burlington area to support 407/QEW/403 travel, but now wonder with rumors of an Oakville Service Center if the plan is to just have Superchargers there similar to Lawrence Ave.

That's my guess Mike.

- - - Updated - - -

who tours wineries in the winter?

Lots going on down here in the Winter Wayne...you should drop down for a visit! :smile:

Home | Niagara Wine Festival

Events, Shows & Festivals | Niagara Falls Tourism

Tour Schedules Wineries of Niagara on the Lake

And Grimsby already has a EV friendly power utility, what with them sponsoring the 90A charger there...

Lots going on down here in the Winter Wayne...you should drop down for a visit! :smile:
Don't worry - I am in your 'hood all the time as my mother lives in Fruitland - but . Yes there is stuff going on in the winter but it is a small fraction of the summer traffic.

A Grimsby SC would be somewhat useful if I wanted to go another 10km down the QEW to get a bit of charge, but Ham/Burl would be much more convenient.

A sc in the Madoc area would be great as it is about half way between Ottawa and Toronto on the picturesque Hwy 7.
The Service Centre and/or SC in Ottawa will hopefully be on the west side such as Kanata as putting it on the east side will make it too close to Montreal.
I'm suggesting the west side only if they don't put one in Madoc, Smiths Falls or Tweed.