Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not agree that the Lawrence SC is stupidly placed.

I think it is important for future growth that each store / service center have Super Charging capabilities.

I think Tesla did a very good job listening to us requesting them to place Super Charging conveniently either side of Toronto, so that the folks who want to drive by Toronto (rather than through Toronto) are accomodated.

Port Hope is a great location...my wife Super Charged there tonight.

We all look forward to the Oakville store/ service center + their Super Charger opening sometime later this year.

Bravo to Tesla and their Super Charger team!

The Port Hope SC is a godsend.
I'm now able to drive Toronto to Montreal at regular speeds, 130 kp/h, like a regular car, with stops at Kingston and Cornwall.
Takes much less time then before.
Half hour charging at each SC is great for a quick bite and washroom break.
I can now skip the stupidly located traffic bound Lawrence SC. Good riddance!
Why Tesla put their SC there is ludicrous! Awful spot in rush hour!

I won the Supercharger Lottery yesterday in Montreal...

IMG_4760.JPG

A third car showed up a while later. Fortunately the first car left soon thereafter and he was able to switch over from the HPWC.

At the Toronto charger last week and was part of a Tesla dance, in the time I was there, 8 different cars were variously charging.
I'd be guessing, but given that it was after 10PM on a weeknight, I was surprised to see that number, perhaps some locals taking in a charge before a weekend trip, hard to know.

It was nice meeting and chatting with you yesterday in the Montreal SC Doug. I was actually the first car that pulled in, then you, then the others.
Crazy place. The talk about some chargers going in next door at the Orange Julep site would be very nice and welcome indeed.

Nice to chat with you also! And yes, that's very good news about the Orange Julep site - assuming it happens. Montreal is the only place where I go out of my way to avoid the Supercharger; it would be good to have some confidence that it would be available.

Nice to chat with you also! And yes, that's very good news about the Orange Julep site - assuming it happens. Montreal is the only place where I go out of my way to avoid the Supercharger; it would be good to have some confidence that it would be available.

we should really do something about the YUL SC situation.
I have sent numerous emails to complain about
1) the number of stalls
2) the poor location (always cought in traffic, but this one, I still could live with it)
3) the charge rate

I suggest all users to the same!

we should really do something about the YUL SC situation.
I have sent numerous emails to complain about
1) the number of stalls
2) the poor location (always cought in traffic, but this one, I still could live with it)
3) the charge rate

I suggest all users to the same!
But as far as I know, they have limited electricity resources at the location. The location of the supercharger is tied to the service centre in this case. Although a supercharger in Montreal is needed, I think of the current one was unplanned, or a bonus. The solution is to have a new supercharger close to the highway. And I'm sure it's not a priority to them at this point.

I've always wondered if a vanity plate on a Tesla meant that you can no longer drive in the Ontario car-pool lanes with a single occupant. Does anyone know the answer to that?

That's correct, they go by plates. I can drive my Roadster solo in the HOV lane, but not my Model S.

As it happens the HOV lanes in Ottawa are all but useless to me, because my commute does not take me anywhere near the 417.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed the updated 2016 Supercharger map is showing the planned Ottawa station. I wonder...?

But as far as I know, they have limited electricity resources at the location. The location of the supercharger is tied to the service centre in this case. Although a supercharger in Montreal is needed, I think of the current one was unplanned, or a bonus. The solution is to have a new supercharger close to the highway. And I'm sure it's not a priority to them at this point.

yes, we need an other one. corner of 40/19 highways? corner of 10/30 highways.
and no, unfortunately, not a priority...

yes, we need an other one. corner of 40/19 highways? corner of 10/30 highways.
and no, unfortunately, not a priority...

There should be more emphasis on the West island routes. Nothing between Ferrier and Cornwall.

There should be a spot say in Vaudreuil around St. Charles and the 40, say at the St. Hubert's restaurant, as this is a good junction between the 40 (to Montreal), 540 (To Toronto) and the 417 to Ottawa.
Plus, i usually stay at the Motel Vaudreuil right there as it is cheap, clean, and very handy.
I've told the new Chinese owners about Tesla chargers and Sun Country so hopefully they will at least install a destination charger from one or the other or both.

There should be more emphasis on the West island routes. Nothing between Ferrier and Cornwall.
There should be a spot say in Vaudreuil around St. Charles and the 40, say at the St. Hubert's restaurant, as this is a good junction between the 40 (to Montreal), 540 (To Toronto) and the 417 to Ottawa.
Plus, i usually stay at the Motel Vaudreuil right there as it is cheap, clean, and very handy.
I've told the new Chinese owners about Tesla chargers and Sun Country so hopefully they will at least install a destination charger from one or the other or both.
A Nissan Leaf might need something between Ferrier and Cornwall, but not with even a Model S 60 (maybe a 40...). If your sleeping at an hotel, then a destination charger is much more appropriate. There is also a CHAdeMO charger installed in Vaudreuil if needed.

Vaudreuil is a good spot for someone going towards Ottawa but probably still too close to Ferrier. Notwithstanding, you have the 30, 40, and 20 all converging there so it would be a good place for anyone not going downtown and would probably make a round trip from Ottawa to Montreal doable. Probably not a priority but a good spot for when they start to fill in the network.