Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to hear Grimsby is on the way, just need another in the Burlington area to connect the 407/403 and/or the QEW
Why? Toronto and Woodstock SCs are both about 100km from Grimsby, well within reach in any weather with any battery.

There will probably be superchargers at the new service location in Burlington, but Tesla would be putting them there primarily for service and deliveries. Once it's there, it will get used for trips and it will spread the load out, but I wouldn't say it's needed for trips.

Sweet news (and pics) on Grimsby !

I was kinda hoping to have visibility off the QEW as that area is relatively sparse ... but it looks like it will be tucked away behind Harvey's.

No worries Lex...the Casablanca QEW cut-off is well marked by those AM Radio antennas...its simply exit the QEW on Casablanca, turn North (left towards the lake)...turn left again at the "T" intersection...the Casablanca Inn is down the road about a third of a KM on the right.

There is a lot of construction going on around that end of Grimsby right now...about 3 high rise condo projects in the works.

No worries Lex...the Casablanca QEW cut-off is well marked by those AM Radio antennas... There is a lot of construction going on around that end of Grimsby right now...about 3 high rise condo projects in the works.
Ya, I guess it would be overly optimistic to think the white and red logos would be visible from the highway, for long anyway, at least in the golden horseshoe.

A grad student in AI analyzes theNorth American Supercharging network. Beaker Lab

Not surprisingly, Quebec comes up last for population rank versus number of Supercharger sites. What's striking is how much of an outlier the province is.

State SC counts vs population.jpg

This will only get worse in the short-run since work is in progress in two locations in second-to-last Pennsylvania..Also not considered is Montreal being one of only five 2-stall locations in N.A.

Quebec will always be underrepresented in Superchargers since it's not part a corridor like Connecticut or Utah, but it's obvious that the current situation is aberrant. However, people's perceptions can differ. In the general Supercharger thread someone expressed frustration that their preferred route in the Southwest is not yet served, and pointed to Magog (where the first new construction in Quebec in over 1.5 years will be) as a location that doesn't deserve to be built in the short-run.

• Informative
Reactions: Kalud and Lex
There will probably be superchargers at the new service location in Burlington, but Tesla would be putting them there primarily for service and deliveries. Once it's there, it will get used for trips and it will spread the load out, but I wouldn't say it's needed for trips.
Where did you find this info? Can you provide a link? Having this in Burlington would be great. Thanks.

A grad student in AI analyzes theNorth American Supercharging network. Beaker Lab

Not surprisingly, Quebec comes up last for population rank versus number of Supercharger sites. What's striking is how much of an outlier the province is.

. View attachment 174062

This will only get worse in the short-run since work is in progress in two locations in second-to-last Pennsylvania..Also not considered is Montreal being one of only five 2-stall locations in N.A.

Quebec will always be underrepresented in Superchargers since it's not part a corridor like Connecticut or Utah, but it's obvious that the current situation is aberrant. However, people's perceptions can differ. In the general Supercharger thread someone expressed frustration that their preferred route in the Southwest is not yet served, and pointed to Magog (where the first new construction in Quebec in over 1.5 years will be) as a location that doesn't deserve to be built in the short-run.

Call me an optimist RB, but I think both Ontario & Quebec will have enough reservations for the Model III that Tesla will have to take notice, and correct the situation in Quebec...the more vehicles in P.Q. & Ontario, the more we will all clamour for P.Q. to have it's transversing corridor just like Ontario has.

It is interesting. Basically leaving the Toronto area in all directions, with the addition of the well placed Grimsby SC, there are SC's within a reasonable distance. In Quebec it is nowhere near as serviced. Leaving the Montreal/Quebec City corridor, in contrast, other than heading west the SC network does not exist. The Magog SC is vastly more reasonable, as are the Riviere du Loup and Levis ones proposed, to add to the network before anymore southern Ontario ones. Once the basic routes out of major population centres are covered then by all means with the model 3 coming, fill in the spaces in between.

People associated with Tesla who live or work in the Toronto area. More crucial than where is when. Tesla in the Toronto area can be overwhelmed at times with all the business, whether sales or service or something related. Another store and repair facility are urgently needed in that area (which is not to say others don't need the same as much or more).

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12 and Jaff
20160430_101810.jpg
20160430_102227.jpg
20160430_101825.jpg
20160430_101807.jpg
20160430_101749.jpg

Good progress has been made, looks like they are only missing the charging handles now. They were just putting down a tar top coat on this part of the parking lot when I got there. I asked the worker the estimated time it would be complete and he said they are hoping it will be open by this Tuesday.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex