Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone see any movement for the three other Ontario SCs that are supposed to open this year - Huntsville/Bracebridge, North Bay and Sudbury?

Surely these are sites where you want to be building before winter comes. And given that those areas are relatively close to each other it might make sense to have the same crew install all three.

And are we sure that the Grimsby site is replacing Hamilton? If so they need to move the pin a bit to the right.

The map seems as if it could use some updating as you would think that the Grimsby and Montreal (Place Vertu) sites should be "Opening Soon" on the Today map.

And are we sure that the Grimsby site is replacing Hamilton? If so they need to move the pin a bit to the right.
I believe that all the 2016 locations are shifted slightly (north + west). Just look at Ottawa and Quebec City. But the real evidence is RdL, as it's in the St. Lawrence River!
I'm pretty sure Grimsby = Hamilton. Although there are rumours of a Service Centre coming to Burlington/Oakville, which may also have superchargers.

I have now heard from two (non-company) sources that Tesla is looking at shopping centers around Ottawa to host a Supercharger site. The good news is that it sounds like it's happening soon-ish.

Any good location would obviously need to have good access to the 417. Probably the best connected central location would be Westgate. The much larger Carlingwood would also be okay, but less convenient to the highway...

Places where management already has a relationship with TM may have a better than average chance.

20 VIC Management Inc. manages Place Vertu in Montreal where SpC construction is in progress as well as the Yorkdale center in Toronto where TM has a store. It turns out that they have two properties in Ottawa: Carlingwood and Billings Centre.

At Place Vertu, they seem to have gone out of the way a bit to locate the Superchargers in the covered part of the lot. I wonder if having shelter from the snow is considered a big plus for potential sites now.

fyi... 'progress' on the Magog SC *see other thread*

Attachments

• IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    793.6 KB · Views: 102
Saw some movement with the Grimsby location on FB. One person posted at 5:30pm yesterday that it wasn't operational due to a minor problem and another posted at 7:30pm last night that everything was up and running, but couldn't test it because they drove there with a Volt.

Where about in Grimsby is the SC located? Is it "live" on the Tesla SC map listing? This is great news as I have three upcoming Niagara area trips in the next two months. I have only made one long trip (London, Ontario) so far, since taking delivery at the end of this past March and that one went off without a hitch as the Woodstock SC is ideally placed. I have been wondering how best to my Niagara trips w/o a SC in that area. Problem solved. I imagine that this one will be well "frequented"