Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Superchargers at Pearson would make no sense. What purpose would they serve other than a stream of idling revenue for Tesla as owners would be off on a flight which would clearly violate the charge and move policy.
Totally disagree! Remember the Cell Phone lot with ChargePoint fast chargers? Put a Supercharger there it is the BEST location! Wait for a traveler or just go to Supercharge

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Hey! Elon time's changed Find Us | Tesla Canada only a few chargers that we haven't found yet are said to be done by the end of the year:
  1. Belleville
  2. Ste-Thérèse
  3. Saguenay
  4. Stardale (likely to be Casselman)
Can someone check out these areas soon. There is only a week left of 2017.

Hey! Elon time's changed Find Us | Tesla Canada only a few chargers that we haven't found yet are said to be done by the end of the year:
  1. Belleville
  2. Ste-Thérèse
  3. Saguenay
  4. Stardale (likely to be Casselman)
Can someone check out these areas soon. There is only a week left of 2017.
Wow Wee! Tesla has gone to change EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE LOCATIONS MENTIONED HERE to be completed in 2018 within the lapse of 20 MINUTES!

On top of this, it's at the center of 5 different highways (401, 427, 409, 410 & 407).
I use the ChargePoint ones all the time up there but had to buy an adapter to use them & they charge my car at a max of 40kW.

I do this whether I'm waiting for someone on a flight or not, it's in a very convenient location.

(sorry missed the quote button)

RE: Pearson Chargers
Totally disagree! Remember the Cell Phone lot with ChargePoint fast chargers? Put a Supercharger there it is the BEST location! Wait for a traveler or just go to Supercharge

On top of this, it's at the center of 5 different highways (401, 427, 409, 410 & 407).
I use the ChargePoint ones all the time up there but had to buy an adapter to use them & they charge my car at a max of 40kW.

I do this whether I'm waiting for someone on a flight or not, it's in a very convenient location.

Pickering, Owen Sound, and Markham say "Opening Soon" for Ontario. Laval also in QC. Whereas all the others now all say 2018. I don't recall which others were listed as 2017 though...

And I just noticed Orangeville on there. I don't remember seeing that before either. Did that just pop up?

I assumed they would put them in the least used part of the garage, but I am probably wrong. The only ones I ever used were at the Pearson parking garage, and as you said, there were close to the entrance.
Superchargers at Pearson would make no sense. What purpose would they serve other than a stream of idling revenue for Tesla as owners would be off on a flight which would clearly violate the charge and move policy.
Sorry. I was not clear. The Pearson chargers were just level 2 chargers. I am just talking about placement of chargers in general in large banks of 8 or 16. I think if you put large numbers of any chargers in anything but out of the way spots they will be perpetually ice’d

(sorry missed the quote button)

RE: Pearson Chargers

These are the ChaDeMo chargers I have used the most repeatedly, while waiting to pick someone up at Pearson. A great spot.

I have a feeling that Tesla's trying to tell us something. Check the 2nd post on this page. Now, Tesla said that Belleville, Ste.-Thérèse, Saguenay and Stardale were to open in 2017, and some others like Renfrew, all the downtown Tor, and North Bay Superchargers got rescheduled to 2018. The thing is that we hadn't found any of them yet so maybe they're trying to set us up. Maybe they'll open up the chargers when we least expect it.

Historically speaking, they don't exactly update that map promptly or accurately. One gets the impression they assign a student intern to the job. Probably whoever updated it looked at the list of Superchargers that were imminent and made a guess as to which would be completed this year, and then changed the rest to 2018.

Reactions: mrElbe
IMG_1235.PNG
TheTeslaLife just uploaded this to twitter. New superchargers in Cambridge Ontario!
Link to tweet below.
Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_1235.PNG
    IMG_1235.PNG
    493.3 KB · Views: 87