Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the Montréal SuC come online, Casselman wouldn't be as important as they originally may have been.

Traffic wise, you don't want to enter in Montreal... there should be a SuC at the Quartier 10/30 (Big Box outlet on the south shore of Montréal) at the exchange of Highway 30 and Highway 10... let's say that you want to go to Québec city (from Ottawa) you would take obviously the 417, then after you would take the new toll bridge on the Highway 30 (near Vaudreuil) and then you would be able to SuC at the Quartier 10/30 without having any traffic issues... trust me, it's better than taking the highway 40 (to then go SuC at Tesla SC on Décarie Blvd) or the Highway 20...

After your SuCharging done, you would re-take the Highway 30 East and then Highway 20 to Québec city... (Drummondville SuCharging if needed... between MTL - Québec)

Google Maps

This would be the perfect SuC location... hotels... numerous restaurants and stores

Just my humble opinion...

Last edited:
Traffic wise, you don't want to enter in Montreal... there should be a SuC at the Quartier 10/30 (Big Box outlet on the south shore of Montréal) at the exchange of Highway 30 and Highway 10... let's say that you want to go to Québec city (from Ottawa) you would take obviously the 417, then after you would take the new toll bridge on the Highway 30 (near Vaudreuil) and then you would be able to SuC at the Quartier 10/30 without having any traffic issues... trust me, it's better than taking the highway 40 (to then go SuC at Tesla SC on Décarie Blvd) or the Highway 20...

After your SuCharging done, you would re-take the Highway 30 East and then Highway 20 to Québec city... (Drummondville SuCharging if needed... between MTL - Québec)

Google Maps

This would be the perfect SuC location... hotels... numerous restaurants and stores

Just my humble opinion...

so we be callin it the SuChargin now?

About the ticket to give people, here a french version that was made http://roulezelectrique.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Signet-fond-blanc1.jpg

For the Dix30 SuperCharger Idea... I think it ok but I would prefer one in Magog for example. Stopping in the Dix30 is not always quicker than taking the 40 :) It can be hell there too..

Kingston : I would change part provider if I were them... If that part fail, that location could be down for more than 6 week again to get a replacement ? That sound nearly impossible for an critical electric grid.

What wrong with having destination charger that is not Hotel ??? Can't it be a Cinema, water park, touristic attraction... I don't need 4 hours charging overnight... But it would be nice to have at destination that you could do other thing during the day that is interesting along a route.

Barrie Close...

I will drive past Barrie tomorrow morning and will take a look.
Jan 8, 2015 - close but needs a plow

Attachments

• Barrie Tesla.jpg
    Barrie Tesla.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 390
Would you rather stay overnight, then drive to the Supercharger and wait another hour to charge up? Or have a fully charged car ready to go when you wake up?

Exactly! A two pronged approach is where Tesla is going: Supercharging and cheaper, slower, more prolific destination charging. It's amazing how many HPWC's are popping up all over. There are two new ones and a J1772 donated by Tesla to the Comfort Inn in Burlington. Beaver Valley ski club just got a HPWC and a J1772 from Tesla.

I was hoping we could have gotten Queen's University chargers up and running by now but we have had a setback with the installation quotes for the location they chose. It could be a while.

It will take 5 hours if you need a full charge. Do you think anyone is going to go switch plugs in the wee hours? Yes the Supercharger is there as a fallback. With enough destination chargers and Superchargers the infrastructure should cover most needs. Presumably as the EV fleet grows so will the supply of plugs.

It will take 5 hours if you need a full charge. Do you think anyone is going to go switch plugs in the wee hours?

When I was traveling across Canada this summer, I frequently showed up at my destination hotel at 4 or 5 in the morning (largely due to misjudging my charging time the previous day). Fortunately I never encountered occupied EVSEs at my hotels, but it would have been a major setback to find it occupied by somebody who had plugged in and then went to bed for the night. Their vehicle would likely have completed charging but I would still not be able to do so.

Anytime I need to plug in and go to bed (due to a long day or some other reason), I will leave my contact information in my window along with permission to unplug my car if a charge is desperately needed. It's slightly annoying to receive a text in the middle of the night informing me that someone unplugged my car, but I'd rather deal with that than have prevented a latecomer from charging because I was hogging the station.

Guys here is the latest update from my contact. Some good news about temporary SC in Kingston.

"Similar to our previous emails, the Kingston Station is waiting on the custom piece of equipment which we are expediting. We recognize the charging need in Kingston and are working to bring a temporary 2 post Supercharger near the end of the month. This solution will remain in place while we work to get the custom gear built and installed at the permanent Station.

Barrie is going well and expected to go live in the next few weeks. In addition, the Montreal Supercharger is planned to open in the next week."

Guys here is the latest update from my contact. Some good news about temporary SC in Kingston.

"Similar to our previous emails, the Kingston Station is waiting on the custom piece of equipment which we are expediting. We recognize the charging need in Kingston and are working to bring a temporary 2 post Supercharger near the end of the month. This solution will remain in place while we work to get the custom gear built and installed at the permanent Station.

Barrie is going well and expected to go live in the next few weeks. In addition, the Montreal Supercharger is planned to open in the next week."

Great! Hopefully it will actually be near the end of the month. At least they are implementing a work around solution until the permanent chargers get installed.

I'm guessing they're trying to set up some HPWC destination chargers at area hotels.

Is this new, or did I just miss it?

On Tesla's new "Find Us" page, they're listing HPWC's: find us

A few examples, ALT Hotel at YYZ, Comfort Inn in Burlington, and the Comfort Inn Fallsview, Niagara Falls.

I haven't checked my car yet, but it would be handy to have these locations listed in our nav too.