Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The confusion comes from the fact that Sun Country Highway usually reports their current as breaker current, and the J1772's at those sites usually offering 80% of that. For most other L2 chargers, the reported current is the offered (charging) current.

The majority of J1772's in North America are 30 Amps offered because that is the maximum a Leaf can use from a J1772.

Ah yes, that makes sense.

I have never seen a 24A EVSE. I would be surprised if one existed. The Leaf was 16A, then 30A.

Here my proposed Canadian SuperCharger Network Map.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z3jn9JWcp2Xs.kH52DM3MSZqo

Trans-Canada network ! Yes it possible :)

Heh heh, you know this is a fantasy map because you've event got a Supercharger up where I live. Thank you for that, BTW (even if it is listed as an extreme location)

Sure, with infinite dollars you can do anything.

Just cut half a dozen hydrogen filling stations out of the budget. Boom. Done. :wink:

So true, and frustrating. Its also more than a bit embarassing. I have been singing the praises of the Tesla to friends and colleagues, in part on the basis of the extended range that will be provided by the perenially "coming soon" Supercharger network (which a few of them have pointed out, is still not yet there). While I was able to get to Montreal in warm weather in reasonable time by charging in Toronto and Cornwall, that option, and direct drives to Ottawa, are out of the question (without interim Level II charging) until the completion of Kingston or warm weather (whichever arrives first)!

People often seem to neglect that there are charging options available right now. Sure they're slow with a high probability of being ICE'd but at least they're there and free to use (another thing people casually dismiss when whining about the lack of Superchargers in their neighborhood).

Try going with no charging options at all.

... People often seem to neglect that there are charging options available right now. Sure they're slow with a high probability of being ICE'd but at least they're there and free to use (another thing people casually dismiss when whining about the lack of Superchargers in their neighborhood).

Try going with no charging options at all.

That only works for us die-hard early adopters. The Superchargers are an absolute necessity to get your average (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus) car buyers out of their gas mobiles and into Teslas.

Barrie Supercharger Opens jan 23 2015

That's right. In the local paper today with pictures. Opens tomorrow at Park Place

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 435
That's right. In the local paper today with pictures. Opens tomorrow at Park Place
This is not correct. Please take this post down. That was the projected date but we had an owners club meeting last night and
Terry who is quoted in this article was present. It is about 1 week away still.
We anticipate a Model S and Roadster rally to Barrie when the official announcement is made.
Thanks

There is a report that the Montreal Superchargers are up and running:New Supercharger turned on today in Montreal!

No way. That's great news. That will also mean that all the HPWCs will be at 80 amps now too I think. Those chargers are all over the place there. I wonder if, in the future, there will be other Tesla models at the store like, for example, an SUV type of EV or maybe a cheaper, more accessible vehicle for the masses. That would be a good idea too.

Hey there :)

I am currently a 4th year Computer Sci/Software Eng undergraduate at UWO and a Tesla enthusiast (future owner).

Western has several electric vehicles on campus. I'm sure they have a building which provides level 2 charging for them.

XlYSGwd.jpg

If you called they would be able to let you know where the charge point is and if you could have access to it.

If you need any help with parking I can lend you my pass, let me know.