Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in Barrie

Yes we had ongoing communication with Tesla. Originally told 7 of 8 and just recently I found out that all 8 should be operational.
Depending on the weather we could have up to 15 cars going with press coverage at both ends!
FYI Tesla is not officially involved. This is being co-ordinated by Terry the landlord and our owner's club.

I am in Barrie, charging. They are all operational.

image.jpg
Yes awesome turnout especially on such a lousy day weather wise.
Over 20 cars in attendance with their owners and families.
Thanks Terry from NADG for helping us organize this and for allowing the Supercharger at this location.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 601
It was great that so many people could take time out of their day to convoy from Vaughan to Barrie. We turned a few heads driving up Highway 400 all in a line. The opening of the Supercharger at this site shows that Tesla continues to listen to owner feedback and adjusts their infrastructure plans to align with market demand.

100% to start?

Yes, absolutely!

- - - Updated - - -

The report wasn't factual though. It sounded like it takes an hour to get 60 km of range even though she said other EV's take that long.
It was rather nebulous to the viewer on how long it takes to fill up a Tesla.
Also, she said they start at about $100,000 but she failed to mention discounts, inventory cars, the 60 kw model, used Teslas, and the $8500.00 rebate.
I think the report could have been better as people will still think that Teslas are for rich people and it takes far too long to charge.
These are my thoughts of course but I'm sure many will agree?

Yes, absolutely!

- - - Updated - - -

The report wasn't factual though. It sounded like it takes an hour to get 60 km of range even though she said other EV's take that long.
It was rather nebulous to the viewer on how long it takes to fill up a Tesla.
Also, she said they start at about $100,000 but she failed to mention discounts, inventory cars, the 60 kw model, used Teslas, and the $8500.00 rebate.
I think the report could have been better as people will still think that Teslas are for rich people and it takes far too long to charge.
Yes I agree. This is so typical. This is the second time I have been interviewed. They ask you questions for 3-5 minutes then they use a small portion which is typically out of context.

The report wasn't factual though. It sounded like it takes an hour to get 60 km of range even though she said other EV's take that long. It was rather nebulous to the viewer on how long it takes to fill up a Tesla.

Yes, no media outlet seems to get their facts right about Model S. You'd think it was rocket science or something (insert SpaceX-themed quip here).

Regarding price, I think they just got mixed up between how cars are most commonly configured (in the $100,000+ range) compare to the actual starting price (high 70's). Then they didn't have time, or just didn't bother, to fact-check, since that's what they likely were hearing from every other news report (Tesla's expensive and slow to charge).

Any news on Comber? Is it really happening? Is it "really soon"? Anyone there with news? May it sneak in, like Woodstock?

I spoke to the Tesla rep in Barrie last weekend and it is his expectation that the Comber Supercharger should be up within a "couple of weeks", and operating by the end of the month - but no commitment!

Updates with pictures would be much appreciated.