Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the TMC community in the Vermont/NY area: Do you know if the 2 SC planned for south of Lake Champlain / Lake George areas (south of Plattsburgh and burlington I believe from the maps) are in the works or will be for the early summer 2015?

After Kingston almost done, that's exactly the same question I had...

Hope one of Plattsburgh, Burlington or White River junction will be built in a near future...

Question for the TMC community in the Vermont/NY area: Do you know if the 2 SC planned for south of Lake Champlain / Lake George areas (south of Plattsburgh and burlington I believe from the maps) are in the works or will be for the early summer 2015?

I, too, would like to know. Now that Utica is underway, I need Burlington or thereabouts to make the Niagra-to-Montreal leg of my trip. Everything on the Canadian side for the trip home is nearly in place.

I heard that a Supercharger was going into South Burlington, VT, and was "on the way." "On the way" being before "Tesla Soon" for whatever that is worth. :frown:

In my opinion, the proposed Ottawa Supercharger adds little value and Tesla would be better off working with the city to install an HPWC in the city hall parking garage, every hockey arena in the city, and at the Bayshore and St Laurent shopping malls. Ottawa is a destination within Eastern Ontario and the very few individuals looking to quickly move through Ottawa on their way to North Bay are not going to be helped much by an Ottawa supercharger.

It would make much more sense to put a small two-stall supercharger in Renfrew (I vote for the Flamingo Restaurant) to help everyone get to Ottawa (in winter especially) from the proposed superchargers in North Bay and Huntsville. A supercharger in Renfrew would be 270km from North Bay and 275km from the new Montreal supercharger.

The City of Ottawa covers 2,778 km2, in comparison Calgary covers 726km2 and the City of Toronto covers 630km2.

When visiting friends or relatives in Ottawa it would be much more convenient to access HPWCs dispersed throughout the city (i.e. at every hockey arena) than to travel to a single supercharger. One could easily have to drive 20-25 km from Kanata, Orleans or Barrhaven to get to a centrally located supercharger in Ottawa. It would be much easier for a host to drive a visitor to the closest arena, where you plug in and leave the BEV for a few hours.

An Ottawa Supercharger would help my journeys to Ottawa as my friend does not have charging at his house. In city Superchargers are great for those circumstances. Otherwise I have to drop the car off at a charger for a few hours somewhere which is not ideal.

I'm wondering what will happen to the Kingston 2 temporary stations once their main stations are up and running. Maybe they can park them in Ottawa for a while...

Also, as a side note, really glad Syracuse is coming soon, as well as Utica NY !

There are lots of people who make day trips from Montreal to Ottawa. I've done plenty in the other direction (day trips to Montreal from Ottawa), and the new MTL Supercharger will make that soooo much easier, even if I have to go a bit out of my way for it. So coming the other way, I'm sure people would make good use of it. Especially if it were somewhere really handy - the St Laurent Shopping Center would be ideal (if there's space for it there).

Destination chargers are great if they're accessible (not ICEd), working, at/near where you're planning to visit, etc.

Kingston...getting some Tesla love today...

image.jpg