Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one in Levi's would be a great spot. It seems strange to me that Circuit Electrique should have put all the ChaDeMo's on the north side of the route between Montreal and Quebec and none on the one south of the river. I only once took the northern route on a drive east to the Maritimes and it did not seem nearly as busy as the 20 ( got confused in Montreal and was in the wrong lane to get onto the 20 so just went to Quebec City and took the bridge over to Levi's, wasn't a bad drive) Now, of course, take the 30 toll route around the south of the island. Best use of a few dollars I ever made. Makes the ridiculously exorbitant Route 407 North of Toronto look like a total rip off.

This thread is getting huge. Since most of the "main" superchargers have been installed, why don't we have separate (pinned) threads for upcoming ones and close this one? Because we won't have multiple concurrent pending SCs like we did before based on future maps.

Anyone care to speculate on which Ontario / Quebec Supercharger location will be the next get a permit?
Maybe we will be surprised as we were with Woodstock and discover that there is one already under construction somewhere!
The weather is nice now and the Tesla SC map seems to indicate several new installs in 2015.... hmm.. where next?

This thread is getting huge. Since most of the "main" superchargers have been installed, why don't we have separate (pinned) threads for upcoming ones and close this one? Because we won't have multiple concurrent pending SCs like we did before based on future maps.

Nah. We already have an obsolete Supercharger thread.

People can find the last page for the most recent activity.

The planning feature is a little whacky. It routed me through Cornwall instead of Utica. I never even considered that possibility, because (a) the second leg is really long compared to the car's range, (b) it's a much slower route, and (c) the route on the map looks really squiggly, which means a twisty road.

It also added a Supercharger 20 minutes south of my destination. Apparently I'm supposed to go charge first, then go to the hotel. How about I go to the hotel, and drop by the Supercharger later in the week when I have a moment??? Or maybe charge locally???

When I told it to remove all charging stations from the route, it offered me stations to add back in. The only ones it offered were very near the original route. Utica wasn't on the list.

Then when I told it to go directly to Utica, it wanted me to go to Kingston first. What the heck? I can do that direct, and it's shorter than the Cornwall-Albany leg it originally wanted me to do.

Useful, but really needs some work!

(We're slightly off topic here... but I did mention the Cornwall Supercharger so technically...)

Last edited:
There will be CHAdeMO in Quebec City by this Summer, this will speed charging up before the arrival of the Levis and Riviere du Loup Superchargers. One problem with cutting through Maine is the border crossing. I didn't have any problems last Summer, but last month they searched my car on both sides of the border, wasting almost an hour each time. It is also tough to rely on a Nissan dealer where the sole CHAdeMO station may break down often and only be accessible during business hours.

maybe off topic... (but still think it's on subject...)

Just got my CHAdeMO adapter today and was just excited to try it... I had a 42 kWh with a SoC of 75% at the Boucherville St-Hubert Restaurant... I really think that CHAdeMO adapter just will ease our anxiety in the future where there's no SC yet... now I feel like I can go in the US (and soon everywhere in Québec) without having any fear of getting stuck to a low amp charger...
CHAdeMO-Boucherville3.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Got my notification yesterday also.

Seems like the uploads are batched geographically...

Had mine 2 weeks ago... a Tesla Technician told me after my visit that I would be ready to download the 6.2...

moral of story: always be kind to Tesla's Technicians! (knew it from IT at my work place!)

:)

- - - Updated - - -

The planning feature is a little whacky. It routed me through Cornwall instead of Utica. I never even considered that possibility, because (a) the second leg is really long compared to the car's range, (b) it's a much slower route, and (c) the route on the map looks really squiggly, which means a twisty road.

It also added a Supercharger 20 minutes south of my destination. Apparently I'm supposed to go charge first, then go to the hotel. How about I go to the hotel, and drop by the Supercharger later in the week when I have a moment??? Or maybe charge locally???

When I told it to remove all charging stations from the route, it offered me stations to add back in. The only ones it offered were very near the original route. Utica wasn't on the list.

Then when I told it to go directly to Utica, it wanted me to go to Kingston first. What the heck? I can do that direct, and it's shorter than the Cornwall-Albany leg it originally wanted me to do.

Useful, but really needs some work!

(We're slightly off topic here... but I did mention the Cornwall Supercharger so technically...)

I have the same thing when I'm in Montréal: when testing, let's say the MTL to Albany SC, it tells me that 1) I have to go SC at MTL SC; 2) Have to go SC at Cornwall 3) have to go SC at Utica... obviously it doesn't make sense...

Can Tesla just integrate PlugShare into their database and THEN we will choose if we're okay to charge at a L2 or L3 charger...

Tesla should not just rely on SC and they should integrate L3 chargers (less the Nissan's L3 if they want to avoid any problem with them...)

BUT... 6.2 trip advisor is on BETA...

Last edited:
The planning feature is a little whacky.

You're being quite kind. Tesla considers it beta, but it's more like an alpha.The hype for the product is not warranted, at least not yet. The planner has a preference for me clogging up one of the two stalls at the Montreal Center and spending the least amount of time possible at the 8-stall Drummondville site. Even if there were 20 stalls in Montreal, it would not make sense due to distance and city traffic. No big deal, I can figure out a route on my own.

The charging power column in the destination charging tab is often wrong. Several 40A sites are listed as 16 kW. Sometimes they understate the rates as well. There seems to be an assumption of 208V service, so a 19.2 kW site is listed as 16 kW.

I had an update waiting for me when I got in the car yesterday. I decided to install it while my son was at karate. I assumed it would take a lot less time than the 1.5 hours it said it would. :redface: I had to call my wife to come get us in the van. lol

As tempting as it is, I made a habit of never installing an update until I'm home for the evening. In addition to the time it takes, I worry that if for some reason it fails, I'll be arranging a tow or whatever from a far less convenient location.

The one (ĈHAdeMO station) in Levi's would be a great spot...

Now, of course, take the 30 toll route around the south of the island.

1)Yes, unfortunately the Circuit Electric just replied that it will not be installed until Autumn.

2) I agree that's the best way around Montreal, going from the the Cornwall to Drummondville Superchargers. Beware of the flaky 6.2 software advising people to leave Kingston, skip Cornwall and dive into Montreal traffic for the 2-stall Supercharger there before heading to Drummondville.

2) I agree that's the best way around Montreal, going from the the Cornwall to Drummondville Superchargers. Beware of the flaky 6.2 software advising people to leave Kingston, skip Cornwall and dive into Montreal traffic for the 2-stall Supercharger there before heading to Drummondville.
Exactly. The distance from Cornwall to Drummondville is well within range, and what a treat the last few summers using the 30 south of the city instead of going down through the middle of the island. Saved lots of time and more importantly, is a stress free route compared to the white knuckle drive looking for turnoffs with the Montreal traffic buzzing around me. Lol. A supercharger anywhere between Quebec, Riviere du Loup, and Woodstock, N.B (all on the map for future SC's in Canada on the Tesla website for 2015 and 2016) would be a dream come true for my drives down East.

1)Yes, unfortunately the Circuit Electric just replied that it will not be installed until Autumn.

I knew CÉ/H-Q was bad but by that much? No vision...

One CHAdeMO charger in Victoriaville (which is out of nowhere...) when there's not even a single one on the highway 20...

«not until fall»... geez...

At least if we push on Tesla for the Lévis / Rivière-du-Loup SC we'll get it (I prepared a Copy & Paste version to get things done faster)...

Supercharging

**PLEASE DO IT BEFORE THE NEXT 2015 FREEZING WINTER!!!** and note that Quebec contruction workers takes 2 weeks vacation in july...

http://goo.gl/maps/HtQnC

Awesome place, near the exit from the Highway 20

Near to:

Centre commercial Riviere-du-Loup (mall with 72 stores) complete list of store (french only, sorry): http://www.centrecommercialrdl.ca/boutiques/
La Cage au Sport (Boston Pizza type...)
Walmart
Canadian Tire (retail store)
SAQ (liquor store)
Maxi (grocery store)
Days Inn Riviere-du-Loup (hotel)
Hotel Levesque
McDonald's
IGA (grocery store)

Last edited:
Vaudreueil SC?

Exactly. The distance from Cornwall to Drummondville is well within range, and what a treat the last few summers using the 30 south of the city instead of going down through the middle of the island. Saved lots of time and more importantly, is a stress free route compared to the white knuckle drive looking for turnoffs with the Montreal traffic buzzing around me. Lol. A supercharger anywhere between Quebec, Riviere du Loup, and Woodstock, N.B (all on the map for future SC's in Canada on the Tesla website for 2015 and 2016) would be a dream come true for my drives down East.

This is is exactly why a SC on the West Island makes sense - somewhere at the confluence of the 20/30/40 - bypass Montreal. Anyone who has suffered trying to get to the SC on Ferrier, especially during rush hour knows what I mean. Cornwall is also a pain if you're travelling down the 401 because it is well off the hwy. Perhaps a Tesla owner who lives near that area can suggest a spot?

A supercharger anywhere between Quebec, Riviere du Loup, and Woodstock, N.B (all on the map for future SC's in Canada on the Tesla website for 2015 and 2016) would be a dream come true for my drives down East.

It is over 500 km between Woodstock, N.B, and Cole Harbour, N.S. so they need to plan another Supercharger between the two since Sidney Crosby is driving a Tesla now. Now, if he could get his sponsor, Tim's, to host CHAdeMO or Supercharger at all of its locations we'd be in business.