Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy Entry (EE) and Chill software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how do you feel about having the Easy Entry (EE) and the Chill setting on your Model 3??

Will they be helpful to you, or a future maintenance problem?

I love the idea of the EE and if it does what I hope it will do, it could be a great software update. Can't see when I might use the Chill setting though.

Chill could also help drivers avoid jackrabbit starts and therefore drive more efficiently / extend effective range.

It sounds similar to an “Eco” mode that some other cars have that remaps the accelerator pedal.

I imagine it would have somewhat less utility in a 5.1-5.6s 0-60mph RWD Model 3 than, say, Model S P100D.

Reactions: saltsman
First thing that comes to my mind... my wife and kids all get motion sickness pretty bad, so I'm hoping the Chill setting would smooth out the acceleration/deceleration and make for a more comfortable ride for my family. I'm all for anything that keeps the vomit down to a minimum!

This would be a real plus for my wife, as long as it is active when the TACC is running. I'm one of the few drivers that don't make her sick with abrupt starts and stops.

The easy entry sounds like something I would like, as my arthritis is beginning to be a problem.

I always thought something like EE is already available. Well, part of it - adjusting the seat and steering wheel to the profile of the person who unlocks the car. But it seems it only happened when you actually selected driver profile on the screen?
I believe it used to automatically select the profile of the person whose key fob unlocked the door. EE will apply a different profile (ie, move the seat back and steering wheel forward), then apply the drivers profile when the brake is pressed.

Why doesn't the suspension go to the highest on EE..? Going from a Tahoe to this sports sedan was already a pain. I like to step into cars... not DOWN into the ground below them lol

No idea how pronounced this effect would be: Changing vehicle height while not moving could increase wear on the tires and suspension due to the change in track width as the tire moves in an arc.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I believe that I heard that Tesla's Air Suspension should be coming out near the end of 2018. I REALLY wanted this option on my Model 3 because I don't want to have to crawl down into the car. I haven't seen anything mentioned so far in any of the video reviews that has addressed getting in and out of the car, just how it feels once inside. With the air suspension, the car can be raised or lowered....making it easier to get in the thing. The new Easy Entry software would surely adjust any air suspension on someone's car.

I know, there are those of you who cannot relate to ingress and egress problems that some older folks may have. Many seniors have mobility issues and if the Model 3 has an easy ingress and egress, that will benefit all drivers, not just seniors.