Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eCall emergency call system needs service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But if an old thread revive this one … but I’ve been having issues waking the car via the app and this message “ecall emergency call system is unavailable” appeared, I also reversed and there was no cams and I’ve noticed the network LTE completely drop out. My car is booked in to Tesla sc to get parts swapped out but it feels kind of trial and error (see my post on app not waking car).

The button resets and the button plus brake pedal resets have been done, I didn’t remove the usb drive from the glove box though.

Any words of wisdom from any owners above or who have experienced similar?

But if an old thread revive this one … but I’ve been having issues waking the car via the app and this message “ecall emergency call system is unavailable” appeared, I also reversed and there was no cams and I’ve noticed the network LTE completely drop out. My car is booked in to Tesla sc to get parts swapped out but it feels kind of trial and error (see my post on app not waking car).

The button resets and the button plus brake pedal resets have been done, I didn’t remove the usb drive from the glove box though.

It might be worth taking the USB out. I removed mine to put more music on it and after putting it back in had the eCall error a couple of times. It went after a subsequent reboot

I first had this issue in October.
Since then multiple failures, each time self corrected over a period of days.
The latest, on Wednesday, has left it working much like a 1980s car.. no driver aids.

Since October support from Tesla UK has been both wonderful and at the same time, useless.
In my case the control module that manages data from all the cameras is not working, there are a number of explanations, none really safisfactory.
The consequence is that nothing that uses camera data works - parking cameras, auto main beam, cruise control, sat nav, auto wipers, etc, e-Call etc., my car believes it is in Huntingdon, Cambridge, which is where I was when the sysyem went down for the third time on Wednesday.

They sent a ranger out to do a full reset, using the service screen and that failed, so he disconnected the 12v battery and re-connected, and that didn't solve the problem. I have to wait until late Jan when parts are expected from the USA, because the car can be driven they will not give me a loan car.

Most of these seem to go away after leaving the car parked (in our case with no sentry) for a period of time. In our case, sentry off, ie allowing the car to deep sleep, coincided with the problem going away. An earlier extended park, whilst sentry was active, did not result in the fault clearing. We also reported issue as a concern in the app, but issue went away before any evidence thar car had been remotely diagnosed. There was a subsequent comment that parts were needed, but at a follow up SC visit (which also included other unrelated concerns), nothing was further noted about the fault so whatever parts they thought may have needed were never fitted. This was 2 years ago. Not occurred since.

Most of these seem to go away after leaving the car parked (in our case with no sentry) for a period of time. In our case, sentry off, ie allowing the car to deep sleep, coincided with the problem going away. An earlier extended park, whilst sentry was active, did not result in the fault clearing. We also reported issue as a concern in the app, but issue went away before any evidence thar car had been remotely diagnosed. There was a subsequent comment that parts were needed, but at a follow up SC visit (which also included other unrelated concerns), nothing was further noted about the fault so whatever parts they thought may have needed were never fitted. This was 2 years ago. Not occurred since.

Hmm... I think I'll remove the sentry USB stick, turn off everything possible and let it sit for a few days!

As you’ll no doubt be aware from my app not waking thread. I have a service centre visit booked for 21/12 and they have ordered parts but I get the impression they’re ordering parts to eliminate things rather than knowing with certainty the root cause. I’ll report back. I have seen this error and whilst this error is evident I notice that the LTE and mobile network reception goes off air. I’m reticent to interfere further with the issue myself but I may reboot the car without the usb plugged in and see if that helps at all.

Removed the usb drive, didn’t realise it was 128gb, did the brake pedal reset.

Just happened to notice that my temperature setting is showing a minus number. Whilst it’s cold today in Glasgow it’s most definitely not -7’C.

8D7E57D8-0341-4EB7-999C-7E2B224D7FB5.jpeg

There definitely was an issue with some USB sticks causing problems with the car from blank screens to other random events not sure if this was resolved during software updates but it is something worth considering when trouble shooting

I am also having this issue today. SOS error and satnav and cameras not working.

With so many people all of a sudden having this issue, surely it is a software issue.
Same here - and a couple of weekends ago ... I'm on 2021.12.25.6 still due to other "car computer" issues. Bizarrely, when it's in this state, it actually sleeps when I'm not using it - something it hasn't done for 4 months while the computer issue has been present so guessing it's the camera/nav/eCall controller that is causing the other issues and when it crashes completely the car manages to sleep. I feel another call to support coming on :)

I am also having this issue today. SOS error and satnav and cameras not working.

With so many people all of a sudden having this issue, surely it is a software issue.
I suspect it is a software-hardware issue, with the control module getting stuck in a loop that a 12v reset doesn't clear.
I also wonder if a long period 12v reset, with the power disconnected overnight might effect a re-set, but I suspect it might also trigger other issues.

I also wonder if the delay in supplying the replacement CPU is linked to the introduction of the AMD Ryzen chipset?

i’ve had this issue on Friday, (no cameras, satnav stuck, eCall erro, etc) 3 x reboots and removing the USB (samsung T5) didn’t work reported via the app and this morning everything back to normal. Seems a lot of people are getting this at the moment I’m on 40.6

“Car computer” is the infotainment computer aka MCUx aka soon to be Ryzen

“car computer” is what Tesla routinely call it and as listed in the parts catalog.
Interesting, thanks. Bit confused why a two-button reboot doesn't clear the error then but a Power Off reboot does ... Does worry me that an Intel Atom based computer can be so involved in the safety features like managing all the cameras though!