Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eCall Emergency call system requires service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone seen this warning message? Popped up this morning when I first got in the car. Disappeared after a minute or so.

E07F802F-FF8A-4659-A961-53AC5BE75DD2.jpeg

It often end up having to leave the car for several hours to sort itself out - its often accompanied by other issues, such as sat nav location not updating and/or various sensors not behaving nicely. We logged a service call that was investigated, and I believe they found something that needed work, but many months later at the service visit, no mention of the issue.

One of the causes of this is due to not having signal what actually causes the car to not have signal might either be a software issue or a sim network issue but the ecall system won't be able to call hence this error, you can usually see that there is no signal on the car.

Solution is to wait and it should resolve itself when it regains signal, the car will drive fine just no network connectivity.

Reactions: interbear
This appeared when I tried to drive the car away when collecting it brand new - the service centre couldn't get rid of the message and they wouldn't let me take the car (safety reasons apparently) - had to wait a week for a replacement part and fitting.

They did loan me a Model S tho...
:)