Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR blue\white, changed to MYP blue\white on 2/7
OD: 1/13 @ 8AM PST
EDD: Jan - March
EDD: Jan - Feb
EDD: Feb 5 - Feb 19
EDD updated on 2/6: Feb 16 - March 16
VIN: no
EDD: Feb 24 - March 3
VIN: 2/14
Notification to schedule DD: 2/23
Scheduled DD: 2/26 > 3/1 > 2/28
watch-game-of-thrones.gif

DD was tomorrow (3/1) but when local SA called to confirm that I was ready I asked if I can come today (2/28) and they said OK.

Everything went well, traded in my old car, checked the MYP for about 15 min, didn't see any major issues, a few minor things like dirt, scuffs, but I can clean it myself and buff out the scuffs that were on the paint.

Fremont build:
  • Rear hatch where it meets the roofline good enough, 95%
  • Frunk alignment 95%
  • Fender alignment 97%
  • Door alignment 98%
  • Window alignment, forgot to check (will do that tonight)
  • Headlight alignment 98%
  • Taillight alignment 98%
  • Roof 100%, no cracks (no roof rack though)
  • Paint 95%
  • Wheels 100%
  • Underbody 100%

watch-game-of-thrones.gif

DD was tomorrow (3/1) but when local SA called to confirm that I was ready I asked if I can come today (2/28) and they said OK.

Everything went well, traded in my old car, checked the MYP for about 15 min, didn't see any major issues, a few minor things like dirt, scuffs, but I can clean it myself and buff out the scuffs that were on the paint.

Fremont build:
  • Rear hatch where it meets the roofline good enough, 95%
  • Frunk alignment 95%
  • Fender alignment 97%
  • Door alignment 98%
  • Window alignment, forgot to check (will do that tonight)
  • Headlight alignment 98%
  • Taillight alignment 98%
  • Roof 100%, no cracks (no roof rack though)
  • Paint 95%
  • Wheels 100%
  • Underbody 100%

Did you ask them not to detail the car before delivery or let it go through the process?

Did you ask them not to detail the car before delivery or let it go through the process?
I let them go through the process of washing it, they mentioned it beforehand so I had a chance to request otherwise. Assuming the right hand (tech) listens to the left hand (advisor).

I figured if it was too dirty I wouldn't be able to see if there are any major (bubble/fisheye, runs, etc) paint issues before accepting delivery. Scuffs and light scratches can be buffed out when I detail my car later.

Usually only an SA can get you the build date. Car should say "2/23" for Feb 2023 but not a specific date in Feb. Did you get 2/22 from the SA or did you find it on the car somewhere?
My car had a sticker on the windshield with a QR code that had the specific build date. It may be used to track it during the manufacturing process. It may come with your car or not depending on how well they detail your vehicle at delivery. Mine wasn't done so well since I had to remove some tape on the windshield and back glass. When I asked my SA before my delivery they couldn't tell me at all.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Not sure if this is possible or against forum policy to post. I’m looking for someone to take over my reservation and pay me back my $250 order deposit fee. My location is CA 91311

2023 MYP white/white
Order Date Friday 2/3/2023
Estimated Delivery Date 3/8-3/31
No VIN assigned

2023 Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive $56,990
Pearl White Paint
Performance Upgrade
21' Überturbine Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior $1,000
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Vehicle Price $57,990
Delivery $1,390
Order $250
Total $59,630

MYLR OD: 1/29
Switched to MYP MSM/Black: 2/5

EDD 2 around 2/10: Mar 3- Mar31
2/26: 1-2 weeks VIN message
EDD 3 on 2/27 or 2/28: Mar 7- Mar 31
3/1: VIN assigned. EDD 4: Mar 14- Mar 21

I'm seeing folks are getting delivery within 3 days of VIN. Should I be ready for delivery before 3_14?

Also @phlewhats the benefit of asking not to detail or loss otherwise.

NOVA area

MYLR OD: 1/29
Switched to MYP MSM/Black: 2/5

EDD 2 around 2/10: Mar 3- Mar31
2/26: 1-2 weeks VIN message
EDD 3 on 2/27 or 2/28: Mar 7- Mar 31
3/1: VIN assigned. EDD 4: Mar 14- Mar 21

I'm seeing folks are getting delivery within 3 days of VIN. Should I be ready for delivery before 3_14?

Also @phlewhats the benefit of asking not to detail or loss otherwise.

NOVA area
I don't think they will be ready before 03/14. They now know how they will transport the car from Fremont to your location. So the EDD is fairly accurate now unless something holds up the delivery (truck/rail).
Some do see the car arrive a day or two early but even then you will still be able to schedule during your 03/14-03/21 window.
People getting delivery within 3 days are either picking up from Fremont DC or the car was already in transit or at the DC and VIN was reassigned from another customer due to that customer dropping out or sometimes rejecting the car.

Reactions: tessie7
My EDD was 3/1-3/15. Next day VIN was assigned early morning. Later that day I was prompted to make my delivery time. That was yesterday Wednesday 3/1. I have to sell my current car today, get the check, make sure the check clears my credit union turn that into a cashiers check for Tesla. The latest appointment TESLA would allow me was one week away, Thursday March 9th, so thats what I took. It all happened quicker than I was lead to believe it would.

Everyone’s experience seems to vary on how much notice they get and when it will arrive. I was told the VIN last Thursday and the car arrived on Monday. That was to 🇨🇦 which you would think would take longer. I couldn’t see EDD’s or the VIN in my account. The VIN finally populated after the car arrived. I pickup this Saturday.