Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Efficient Aftermarket Wheels for the Model 3 inc P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hairyman

Jul 24, 2019
Australia
An Inside EVs video popped up in my Google news feed that people wanting a different wheel with good efficiency might be interested in. Although given we seem to be able to produce photos of cargo ships complete with likely Tesla manifests on rainy nights, this probably isn’t news to anyone .

Anyway
EV01 Wheels Vs Tesla Model 3 Aeros: Track Testing & Efficiency posted this video. The meat of the story starts around 14 minutes in. They are using the wheels on SR+ cars from what I can tell.

They are testing https://www.fastwheels.ca/productin...ur+(traction+intégrale)+(étriers+rouges)_s_pp I have posted the link to the wheels for the P3D+ but there are versions available for the other Model 3 variants.

They have inserts that give efficiencies that match the stock Aero covered wheels. They also let you put a potentially quieter and more comfortable tyre on the P3D+.

It will be interesting to see if any reviews with them on P3D+ models come up.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But those things look atrocious. I'd rather take the efficiency hit.
I must say...I'm also a bit worried about having 20 inch wheels. It might just be cause I've never had them before as I felt like this with my current car which has 19s (went up from 16s to that). Unfortunately didn't order in time to get the P- with the aeros.
My concern is mostly the state of our streets and potential damage to rims rather than anything else.

100% agree with you @meowsers - they look gorgeous and suit the car to a t