Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Efficient all-season road-tripping tire with some snow grip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, we could use a thread with a list of tires and efficiencies for different models.

For my LR-AWD, my lifetime efficiency is 244Wh/mile, but that's 2/3rd with the OEM tires, and 1/3rd with the Quatrac5. Before the switch my efficiency was about 250Wh/mile, so little to no change from the OEM efficiency.

If you use ABRP and ask it to recalibrate your reference efficiency at 65mph, so you can get a more accurate trip planner, my result is 235Wh/mile at 65mph for the Quatrac5. I don't have a result for the OEM tires. Seems very good to me, since the generic conservative figure ABRP uses is 263Wh/mile at 65mph. I don't run high pressures, usually on the lowish side, about 39-40psi, and no aero covers.
IMG_6435.jpeg

Reactions: fiveangle
I’ve been considering the 215/50-18 Quadrac Pro or older Quadrac 5 (currently on close out at most retailers) and I’d go with the Pro since it must be better than the 5

Quatrac Pro had significantly worse efficiency than the 5 in CR testing, I think.

I have nothing to update, since cold weather is not really back yet, and no roadtrips happened over the summer.