Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrek reporting Tesla opening up orders to all US and Canada reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“In the coming days, all Model 3 reservation holders in the U.S. and Canada will be invited to order their Model 3 based on when they placed their reservation,” a company statement reads. “Delivery estimates will be shown to customers as they make their selection, dependent upon their order date and the vehicle configuration selected.”
Tesla Model 3: Reservation Announcement Signals Success of Elon Musk's Tent | Inverse

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 6.08.11 PM.png

<happy swearing>

February 2018 reservation. Able to design now. Holy cow. Was not expecting this. Ugh is this kind of a bait and switch deal? I guess they are showing good faith to allow everyone to get grandfathered into the connectivity package but it also makes people lose $3500 if they end up having to change their mind before delivery!

• Informative
Reactions: sooner
I guess, then again unlimited internet for 10 years at 100$ per year is $1,000 bucks. Put that in perspective with the other options and it isn't a massive thing. Ended up splurging 4k for the AWD, could not justify another 5k for autopilot.

Me: *frantically trying to get hold of spouse to confirm details, as I'd not discussed pricing changes over the last 2 days*
Me: *finally gets through*
Wife: I don't care. Do what you want.
Me: You mean you're pissed and you don't want me to order anything????
Wife: No, I don't care. Do what you want.

Alrighty then!!!! ......selects Performance w/2-4mo delivery.......gut checks....selects LR 3-5mo....gut checks,again.....AWD 3-5mo.......antes up another $2500.

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 6.40.43 PM.png

P.S. Bonus drama: Amex, in wife's name, got rejected by a fraud trigger. :p I had to switch CC to mine mid-operation, no time to wait for her to figure it out.

Last edited: