Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrek reporting Tesla opening up orders to all US and Canada reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla opens Model 3 orders to more people and trims prices

"If you're in line for a Model 3 then we have good news. The company has announced that it's opening pre-orders to all reservation holders in the US and Canada, now that it's able to produce more cars (apparently that tent manufacturing line is helping)."

Is it happening?

No invite to configure for me yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they open it this week to get all the configuration money in Q2

Last edited:
Yeah there's no way I am going to get an invite any time soon after putting down my initial deposit on March 11 this year.

But if Tesla wanted my $2500, I would gladly configure right now and wait however long it would take just to be grandfathered in before July 1st.

Yeah there's no way I am going to get an invite any time soon after putting down my initial deposit on March 11 this year.

But if Tesla wanted my $2500, I would gladly configure right now and wait however long it would take just to be grandfathered in before July 1st.

Even though the deposits are non-refundable?

Yup.

Because that means the company has a liability (owing the car to you) that they haven't satisfied yet.

Tesla themselves points out their deposits are liabilities in their Q10 report-

Tesla said:
Customer deposits are included in current liabilities until refunded or until they are applied to a customer’s purchase balance at time of delivery.

Tesla opens Model 3 orders to more people and trims prices

"If you're in line for a Model 3 then we have good news. The company has announced that it's opening pre-orders to all reservation holders in the US and Canada, now that it's able to produce more cars (apparently that tent manufacturing line is helping)."

Is it happening?

No invite to configure for me yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they open it this week to get all the configuration money in Q2

Yeah, different article than what I got my news on. Here is the cnet article:

Tesla to open Model 3 invites to all remaining reservation holders

As the title says... Open to all reservation holders. Obviously, this is not Tesla's fault but sites trying to get the report out ASAP to get the scoop and not vetting their information.