Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric car newbie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Urm. If there is a fault or just seemingly normal devices somewhere in the house, in anything, not just wiring, it can blow the main RCD for that section of house.

I tracked down, I hope, our issue to either the freezer, or the fridge but have not gone back to check since rewiring the fridge plug (it was a factory fitted euro adaptor) or disconnecting our now broken freezer - it didn't recover from the last power trip, however had been acting strange since a series of nasty power cuts a few weeks prior. So hoping that 'just' needs a repair, but, they may just have been the two appliances, in conjunction with the Tesla UMC ramping up the charge that 'broke' the circuit - apparently lots of DC leakages from little power supplies can also mount up and cause the problem.

Welcome to the brave new world - you'll be glad you joined.

My vote on range is that the SR+ is a very capable car, and £60 per month wisely spent buys a lot of happiness in other ways.
Ernie my SR+ is just 2 months old and has covered 6631 miles, so it's not holding him back.
He's been all round Wales (500) and two return trips Hampshire to Northern Cumbria (600 each) as well as a 100 mile daily commute.
Yes for the 300 mile trips we had 2 supercharger stops, but this is for cruising at 85mph, in dark, cold and rain, and then arriving with some range left for local milage and contingency.

It's an extra hour on a long journey, (two 30 minute charges) but it's more relaxed when you get to drink your coffee reading the paper instead of relentlessly driving. I don't know if it's charge breaks, auto pilot, of the great sound system in a quiet cabin, but I've never been so relaxed after 300 miles. The charge stops will get shorter with the next OTA update.

I've never wanted the rear seats heated (use the app to turn on climate control 10 minutes before you depart, while it's still plugged in), and the SR+ adapts routes to avoid traffic anyway, so you are only missing having a red line on the map to match the queue of cars right in from of you.

As ever it's your cash, but I've not regretted my SR+ even on long trips.

Either way I'm never going back to transport powered by exploding slime !

Reactions: Roy W. and vitesse