Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric cars can sound good: the proof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the sound of a high performance ICE, but I could eventually see myself getting on board as a car lover with this sound at some point. And you could hear this sound when you want with out it being artificially generated through speakers (which I think is the dumbest thing ever, I would rather it be silent that coming from the speakers) because this is mainly combination of the wine of the electric motors and the straight cut gears. Now if you will take note when he is is not accelerating its not that loud, so it wont get annoying when your cruising down the highway because there is no tension in the gears (which is what makes the noise). But step on it and hear the sound of a mix between an f1 car and a jet!

What about that second one I posted? From the inside of the concept one? I like it better and its lower pitched than the first.

I meant both the Fisker and the other "concept" video were "yuck". The Pikes Peak sounded like an F1 car (which is a cool sound), but was too high-pitched. Normal ICE cars don't sound like F1 cars, so I don't think it's needed.

If someone wants an aftermarket engine sound in their car, have at it. I just don't think it's something Tesla should be installing.