Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician to install Tesla home charger - any recommendations in the GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any experiences or recommendations for electricians to install the Tesla wall Connector?

I know the Tesla site has a list, but I'm looking for more personal testimonials.

I'm closer to West GTA - near the Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton area.

Thanks in advance.

Getting mine swapped out next week but the infrastructure is already in place.

IMG_0945.jpeg

Who is doing it?
I have no choice in the matter. It will be the building’s contractor. I can almost guarantee you 100% that they havent a clue of what to do. Fortunately, this should be straight forward and I am sure that I’ll end up doing the initialization of it. Bear in mind that the electrical is already in place. This is a matter of swapping it out from a NEMA 5-30 to a hard wire setup.

so just to rephrase my previous question: do we need to upgrade Hydro service from 100A to 200A in the GTA in order to instal at least a Nema 14-30 (if not even a 14-50) line? Is there any Ontario Hydro code regarding this?

so just to rephrase my previous question: do we need to upgrade Hydro service from 100A to 200A in the GTA in order to instal at least a Nema 14-30 (if not even a 14-50) line? Is there any Ontario Hydro code regarding this?

It's really a matter of the panel in your home. If there is space on the panel and the load is appropriately balanced, upgrading should not be required. Your electrician will be able to determine this. Usually you can simply take a picture and send to your installer. Upgrading the panel can be an extremely expensive job and shouldn't be necessary in most setups.